Carbon Monocoque

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see yet another aerospace composites training course coming soon in sunny West Palm Beach ... :cool:

For top notch customer support of course!

S

Re: Carbon Monocoque - available before the end of 2008??

Tornado TS40 Chassis - at the bottom ..!

LATEST UPDATE

A Carbon Fibre Monocoque chassis is currently under development and will be available before the end of 2008 .... ?

When will we see a completed chassi? It´s now 2009 ???

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
i must admit i too keep looking at the TSC site....... only because i am interested in this and the Aluminium monocoque :thumbsup:

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Looks like its time for an update.

We were hoping to be in full production with both Aluminium and Carbon Monocoques by the end of 2008.

There have been delays with subcontractors and that combined with the volume of spaceframe kits we have been manufacturing has slowed things down.

Designing theses chassis is a huge investment in terms of time and money.

The revised schedule will mean we should be in production by the end of March.

We should be ready to release pictures by the end of Febuary.

There will be a waiting list as soon as they are available due to several already having been pre sold.

Thanks

Andy

Andy, great to see making advances and great products like this even in these difficult times at the moment! Congratulations and I wish you all the best!

I am obsessed with designing a car as light as possible :)

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Ben

In a sportscar weight is everything.

Even our standard Spaceframe cars which weigh a shade under 2000 lbs are up to 700lbs lighter than other 40 replicas. Its like carrying a spare engine thats not running.

The Carbon cars will be between 1600 and 1700lbs and the Aluminium version will be a shade heavier.

Thanks for the comments.

Andy

Hi Andy

will your new carbon mono be designed to allow fitment of either ZFQ or ZF transaxles? I have the ZFQ in most of the current makes of GT40 but the Tornado, I can see that customers for your new tubs may want something stronger than Old Renault transaxle.

Regards

Chris.

Yep, I definitely think weight is the key and 1600-1700lbs is awesome!

That'll definitely be light on it's toes! Lighter than my old Punto and Aygo and with potentially over ten times the power!

Traction issues? :thumbsup:

Are you suggesting a carbon body as well? :drunk:

Looking forward to seeing it! All the best!

I am a retired Road Racer of 4 years. Started raciing in the year 1976 and quit in 1979. I miss the racing but not the expense. I am getting to that age of 60 and would like to build a race car. The GT-40 would be fun. Anyone out there with experience in racing and do U think these kit cars will work for racing. I proably won't go road racing again but practice on solo events, a much lower key event. I am Getting to old to be a serious racer.

I am wondering what is the best way to go as to build a semi competitive car. Will it be Carbon, Aluminum, or Steel and what frame from who???

I don't have much experience in this area and would like to know what to do.

If any of you need assist in Racing, I have some experience I can share. I spents lots of money in advance Road Race School, it really helped me lots. The racing schools helped me set the lap record at Sears Point Raceway and Laguna Sega in the year 1978. The record can be found in the Wheels news letter provided by SCCA. Look for the Name William Woo or Bill Woo

Love the Forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back