Changes to the forum

Ron Earp

Admin
David, mine takes me to the last post. Check your settings under My Home and make sure the cookies are enabled.

R

Hi Ron
I'm the same as David, not opening to the first unread post.
Tried locating the "enable cookies" in "my home" but all I could find was cookie maintenance. deleted cookies and still did not work.
Any ideas ?
thanks

Clayton

I have the same - not scrolling down to the latest unread post.
I'm on a macintosh osx 10.3.4 it worked ok before though.

Paul (and others)
In the list of posts, just to the left of the name of the post, I have aan arrow pointing down and right. If I click on that I go to the first unread post. If there is no arrow, there are no unread posts in that thread.
Hope it helps.

Thanks Lee - already tried that - still doesn't take me to the new posts.
If I read all new posts then revisit say an hour later, the bulbs on the left are still yellow - not white to say they've been read. I have tried reloading all the cookies didn't change anything but log me out.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Right after you started the upgrade to this forum I had numerical indicators for new topics and new post to existing topics within my main page, nice feature. They would go away as soon as topics were read. But for the past few days those indicators no longer appear. Is there a setting I have removed inadvertantly?

Ron Earp

Admin
New posts in a forum are indicated by the light bulb, it still works for me. Now, if you want to see all active topics click on active topics at the top of the page.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah Ron, my yellow bulbs have worked for me all along as well.

I guess it must have been a 2-day aberration when you first started the forum upgrade /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What I’m referring to on the 'main index' page: If there were any new topics added in any category, the number of new topics would appear in red parenthesis in the ‘threads’ column. If there were any new post added in existing topics, the number of new posts would appear in red parenthesis in the ‘post’ column.

Anyway, I’ll let it go as if it never happen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Since I got you ear, what do the star icons indicate? It appears the icons some members have are stars and some with shooting stars. They differ from the bronze, silver & gold icons in the donations thread. Also, what do the different colored stars indicate. Better yet, where is this info posted.

Thanks for your response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Fixed on unread posts I think.

Stars indicate supporters and levels. Not all finished yet, but a gold shooting star is the highest regular level. I'll finish those up and post a summary. There are about four forums that only supporters can post on.

R

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,
Your a magician /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
My aberration is back, albeit blue instead of bold red. Very cool, thanks alot.

I'll be watching for your 'star' summary.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

I can not get to "My Home", all I get is a blank page, I am running Windows NT at work. Because I can not get to my home I can not change my settings like you suggested. Help... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I think the changes are fine, don't worry about the negative comments there never was a statue erecred of a critic!!
P.S. That was meant to be erected. Any hope of incorporating
a spell check so I can stop looking like a dummy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Is there any way to get the " mark all read" button put on the main page or is it forever locked in place on the 'my home' page? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Regards

Back