Chris Melia ZF-Q Kits

Hello:
Does anybody recall where Chris Melia got the flywheels for his Ford/Chevy to ZF-Q box kits back around 2008-2010?
I'm trying to locate the manufacturer of John Lowe's flywheel which he obtained back then. I have an engraved number but no manufacturer. P1010439.jpegP1010438.jpegP1010441.jpeg
Clutch is a SPEC stage 2+.
Cheers

Hi Adam:
Thanks, that was my original thought. :) SPEC-made is what I have from John's records (no bill of sale however). However David Norton (SPEC) insists it's not one of theirs (by the type of aluminium and steel plate/bolt pattern). He says he may have merely fitted the clutch to it ???
When did you purchase your kit? Are you happy with your setup?
I may go SPEC 3 or SPEC 2+ again. Torque-wise stage 2+ is more than plenty. The problem with the friction plate stage 2: it wears faster on one side than on the other since different materials are used.

I’ve had a twin disc Spec on the Coyote since 2011. All I’ll say is I recommend you burn up 2 single disks before entertaining a twin.

Driveability and NVH are very degraded. I have the kevlar pucks, and wear has been good. Pedal effort is ok. Rotating inertia is great.

I agree...
but D.N. (SPEC) writes:"I am sure. I can tell by the body texture of the aluminum (not forged like ours..appears to be standard 6061 machined from bar) and those are not our friction plate fasteners." anyway...

Back