Christmas luncheon

hoppy

Lifetime Supporter
10 GT40’s, a Cobra and several tin tops departed GT40 Australia at 11.00 am, with a great drive up the hill to arrive at the Mountain Manor for Lunch just after 12 noon. However Phil & Kay must have stopped along the way and as mobile’s did not work, we phoned from the Manor, but Phil’s phone must have been out of range and we were not able to make contact. I phoned when I got back to the factory, but was not able to get Phil or Kay. We all hope you were able to get home OK.

We had a great lunch in the conservatory, with views out over the surrounding country

The Mountain Manor is surrounded with a Golf Course, bush and laid out grounds, a great setting for the Tudor style Manor built in 1988 with the timber imported from England and the Bar and other fittings from the Brisbane Expo of 1988. There are lounges, dining rooms and accommodation upstairs with (I think) 6 bedrooms, including the Bridal Suite, closely inspected by all the ladies on a special conducted tour after lunch.

Kevin was able to sell a few more “100 Club” tickets, however there are still 12 to sell (only $20 each) B4 we can start to draw the winners. If you haven’t purchased your tickets (or you want to have more chances to win), please call Kevin (0407 645820 or 07 3264 1745). Remember we need money to pay for the P/L Insurance to be able to run Club events.

We departed about 3.00 pm with the drive down the mountain (“Sunday drivers” should not be allowed on the Springbrook Rd!!!!), with most heading north to Brisbane via Nerang, while some of us returned via Mudgeeraba.

Another really good event organised by the Baxter’s. Thanks from all those who had a very enjoyable day.

Best regards

Peter

Attachments

• christmas lunch-1.jpg
    christmas lunch-1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Christmas lunch-2.jpg
    Christmas lunch-2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 211
Back