Reproducing Clear Airbox and Velocity Stacks

Some of you may know my background in plastics ( founder of RaceDeck). ... So during my build process and sourcing I had a tough time finding high-qaulity Clear velocity stacks and Clear Cold Airbox. I decided to make my own molds and produce my own, and they came out great! Along with Tom Kirkham, we also made all of the aluminum fittings, flanges, etc... My plan is to make a limited run
IMG_8410.jpeg
IMG_5629.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20240222_084113(1).jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20240222_084113(1).jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Resized_Resized_20240222_112409.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20240222_112409.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 47

Devin

Supporter
Obviously the side ports on the air boxes would need to be custom height/location to each particular car for proper alignment. Is that something you are making adjustable with each unit or would it be a one time cut to fit the right positioning of the air inlets?

Totally awesome work BTW and this is what I love about our special group of people that love these cars and the ingenuity, motivation, tenacity and creativity of people like yourself in this forum. Excellent!

Obviously the side ports on the air boxes would need to be custom height/location to each particular car for proper alignment. Is that something you are making adjustable with each unit or would it be a one time cut to fit the right positioning of the air inlets?

Totally awesome work BTW and this is what I love about our special group of people that love these cars and the ingenuity, motivation, tenacity and creativity of people like yourself in this forum. Excellent!
The cut outs will be done manually, not during this type of molding process. My guess is that the cutouts will be very close in almost all cases because you can work the custom tubing sizes/aganle to the box from the the flange/ports on the body shell. I am sure Tom Kirkham could make the entire system based on someones spec.

Very nice parts, congratulation for the job. One question, why those parts were made from clear plastic instead of aluminum, what is the reason I suppose it is not for the aspect only ?

My car is using an 8 stack EFI on a Coyote but I do want to use a MAF on it. I do want the weber looking throttle bodies to be visible so a transparent air box is needed for the MAF to work for this configuration. The challenge is that the air box needs to be quite a bit wider than what is shown for the 4 barrel carbs. Are there plans to make a larger clear plastic air box that would work for a Coyote 8 stack configuration?

Hello,

I would be very interested in one of the velocity stacks please.

Are they made out of heat resistant material, as the ones I’ve previously used tend to flop when things get hot in traffic…

For those who may be interested in some of these limited-run parts, contact Tom Kirkham at @[email protected] - He is going to be the one building the complete kits ( box, stack, turkey pan, filtes, screens, latches, aluminium ports, etc....) my expertise runs out after the creating the actual parts ;)

For those asking in PM's These are made from a Polycarbonate, which has a pretty high melt point at 570 F ( if you are hitting that around your carbs, you may have some other issues :D - Polycarbonate can handle sustained heat north of 275 F for several hours prior to seeing any deformation as well. On my car, I am running stainless headers with heat shields and under the aluminum base for box, it is also heat shielded. ... I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
Back