Classic Car Show, NEC, November

Steve,

considering you did it by eye and just the tape measure you were pretty accurate.

It is exactly 35 3/8" high.

Graham.

Hi Graham (and anyone following this thread)

So it's official then as from this moment forward a Porsche 917 will be known as a 'GT 35.375".

I will describe it as such in the Club magazine and no one will ever know that we sneaked a bit German muscle into a quartet of Slough's finest !!!!!!

Any chance you can knock up a couple of GT40 MkIV's before next November as I would like one in red please.

Steve.

Any chance you can knock up a couple of GT40 MkIV's before next November as I would like one in red please.

Steve.

Sorry Steve, no chance. The 40 and 917 keeps me busy and broke enough.

With all the profit from t- shirt sales and new members can you not afford to get Fran to ship over a couple from the USA for the show ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will describe it as such in the Club magazine and no one will ever know that we sneaked a bit German muscle into a quartet of Slough's finest !!!!!!

Steve.

Somehow I do not think it will fool anyone as there is a big clue in the name on the sides and back !!!!!!

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 266
Sorry I could not make it but congratulations on a great display and must thank everyone who made it happen. Is the club's name going to be changed to GT35.375" And does the height change according to tyre pressure? As for Gulf colours they are really Dark Blue and Orange!!!
Regards Allan

Allan,

the height was measured on cold tyre starting pressures, with full oil load, little fuel and no driver.
Obviously ride heights will always vary depending on rotational and increased heat expansion of tyres, plus of course aerodynamic settlement under speed, braking, acceleration, etc ,on a relatively softly sprung vehicle.

Back