Club meeting at The Fairmile

I would just like to say thank you to everyone that I met last night at the club meeting at the Fairmile, I was very surprised to see so many people there last night, all with the GT40 craving you made me feel very welcome, and especially thank you to the gentleman that let me sit in his GT40 at the end of the evening, even though I have bought my kit, I still had not sat in one until last night, it was every thing I thought it would be and more, fantastic just have to get started on mine now.

Looking forward to meeting you all again soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Chris.

Mike
Im a newbie and am the proud owner of a KVA mk 3 I live nr guildford and would like to meet up with the local GT crowd
to basicly pick there brains on how to improve my 40.
I have had the car two weeks and have manager to boil the engine already?????????
will look out for your reply
Neil w Snipper.

Hi Neil, congratulations on your new ownership. As you have already discovered, cooling is pretty marginal in our cars. If you want to get more out of your ownership, I suggest that you drop in on one of the monthly meetings regularly publicised on here. I don't go myself as they usually clash with other committments. If you need any help or advice, this forum works very well for new owners, or give me a shout and drop in for a chat, I'm not far away, just north of Leatherhead. Mike

Congratulations, Neil. I bet you are as proud as punch!
You will, of course be very welcome at Fairmile, Bullington Cross or any other monthly meeting that you are able and feel inclined to drive over to.
May I recommend the GT40 Enthusiasts Club website (plug, plug! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) at http://www.gt40enthusiastsclub.com/ which has details of all the regional meetings and where and when they meet every month.
There is also a membership form, which you can fill in, print out and post to me (hint, hint! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).
The monthly meetings always have plenty of people who are only to willing to talk about the GT40 and who (usually) have lots of expertise about the areas you are interested in.
Last month at Fairmile there were about 18 GT40s, mostly with clips up, with huddles of people looking and probing, discussing different aspects of their cars.
Even we were surprised at how well it turned out!

Mike thanks for the info I will be going along to the meet at the fairmile as soon as poss.
will keep in touch
Neil

Toni
have discoverd the web site and will be joining shortly.
hope the visit the fairmile soon
Neil

Back