ClubCobra - anyone know what happened to it?

Ron Earp

Admin
I was reading a post by one of the new members and he mentioned ClubCobra, a somewhat sister site to this one that has been in operation for a long time. I went over to visit and I can't get it to come up, but can see some posts in Google from Feb 7th where the site is broken or going down. Anyone know the story? Be a shame to lose that forum, it has a tremendous amount of history.

1708556424155.png

Don't think the site is gone. Frequently there are temporary shutdowns or difficulties in bringing the site up. This has been going on for a few years now.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I was reading about the 25th Texas Cobra Club spring meetup in April for ten min and then came back here. Checked again and NADA. Now it doesn't work. 6:05 PM Texas time

The site is effectively FUBAR at this point, functionally useless. Much talk about data corruption, don’t know if it can be resurrected.

I am on that site as well. Their IT guy is struggling with the site to keep it running and does not know what is wrong and looks like it totally blew up or he has it off line trying the repair it.

Ron Earp

Admin
I know a great forum repair outfit who I've worked with in rescuing two other dead and corrupted forums. I don't know if Brent Mills is still the guy there or not, but if someone wants to put me in touch with him or the IT person maybe I can make some connections.

And as far as me, well, thanks but I've been out of the forum nuts and bolts bin since around 2006 or so. I did used to install and maintain the software and so on, but it quickly outstripped my knowledge and thus the forum works because of donations and GT40s.com paying professionals to make sure it is working correctly and backed up well.

I don’t disagree Ron, but Brett hasn’t shown any willingness to go that route. CC has been limping along for years, and now it’s on life support.

I was reading a post by one of the new members and he mentioned ClubCobra, a somewhat sister site to this one that has been in operation for a long time. I went over to visit and I can't get it to come up, but can see some posts in Google from Feb 7th where the site is broken or going down. Anyone know the story? Be a shame to lose that forum, it has a tremendous amount of history.

View attachment 136548
The cobra club site is sometimes iffy. If you want to check out the spring meet site, it's here:

Rick

Ron Earp

Admin
That's a shame. Long-lived site and it needs help to maintain it for future folks. Would hate to see it be lost.

Unfortunately, I think many, if not most, regular contributors have abandoned the platform at this point due to constant stoppages and glitches. Not likely they’ll return.

Back