Completed RCR 70

I been staring at the photos so much I think I need a new eye glass prescription.

I look forward to feeling it rumble Peter.

Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
So I suppose we will be making yours look like that too Ron....??

I dunno, up to you guys. Breakers are on the way there. That speedo I sent you has to go though, we've got to get something else. I think it was for a boat.....and it only goes to 160, I hope not high enough....

Peter, got any pictures of the door open? Just interested to see how that looks and how it works. Oh, and I just noticed, your dizzy is on the wrong end of the engine. Fix that. :lipsrsealed:

Hi Ron,
Here is a photo of the car with the doors open. There are rubber stops that prevent the door from making contact with the front bodywork. Ken had used the more traditional straps to retain the doors on a previous Lola build but found that they put too much stress on the doors over time.

090707_Lola_Door_open.jpg

A truly exception looking car. Very nicely put together. I hope it is as much fun on the track as it looks like it will be.

Great Job.

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
That is one phenominal car! Results like this should be considered artwork!

Just one question: Where did you get the "Lola" badge for the front? I have a street-legal (almost) '71 Lola Indycar, and I have been looking for a name badge like the one on your Lola.

Congratulations on an awesome result!
David

Thanks again for all the compliments.

Amazingly enough David, the Lola badge was bought directly from Lola. My brother bought it for me when we started the project 3 years ago.

The Lola was delivered to Elite Autosport yesterday and I went up for a visit this morning. Head room was a little tight. We will be working on moving the pedals and seat bottom forward so we can rake the seat back a bit more to create some headroom. We are now targeting early September for getting the car on track.

Here is a video of first start. Engine revs were kept below 3,000. Wide open throttle should be very impressive.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m96/peterjank/RCR%2070/?action=view&current=LolaCoupeStartUp.flv

Back