Corvette C5 Emergency - Parking brake qestions.

Hi All,

OK so I have the rear brakes below which are Corvette C5 Z06 kit I believe, these are going on to C5 uprights.
Now I'd like to fit the orginal GM emergency - parking brake but searching the web these don't appear to be the type of parts that show up on Corvette websites.

Basically I need all the parking brake kit that goes inside the disc.

Does anyone have recemndations on where to go for this?
Any idea what the price might be?
And does anyone know if the standard C5 items are what I need or will they be different?

I should probably ask this question on a Corvette forum, but I don't seem to be able to find one where this sort of question might get answered, any recoomendations on that front also?

The alternative would be some Wilwood mech spot calipers but that seems silly with a stock option just sitting there.

thanks.

BrakesRear.jpg

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Doug, give Scott Girard a call at Corvette Alterations & Conversions :

02 9971-8218

As long as you can tell him exactly what you want, he will either have it in stock, or will be able to get it pronto.

Tell him that "Dusty" sent you - he christened me Dusty as I have sanded more bloody f/glass off my 71 Vette in his workshop than ever went into the building of my 40 !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Doug,

I have Corvette rear drum parking brakes on my KVA which has a Corvette rear suspension. I got my parts from Ecklers Corvette (check spelling). One problem I had is that I was only able to get the right side pad working - the lever that activates the left side would not mount properly!

Good luck!

John
:thumbsup:

GTPVette

Supporter
Doug,,,
First,,, are those C6 capliers??? They don't look like C5 although I don't think it matters.

I'm not sure if he ships to WA,, but here in the states Gene Culley is the man to go to for new Corvette parts. See the following thread on the Corvette forums.

GM Parts House April 2009 C5 Specials. - Corvette Forum

This forum also has lots of used parts,,, but again shipping may be an issue.

I may have a parts diagram at home,,, I'll check tonight. Basically it the shoe/retaining spring, the cylinder/lever assembly and lastly a bracket on the upright for the cable.

On my GTM,,, I'm using Lokar cables and the corvette clevis kit. I've attached it to a Spal linear actuator under the dash so no handle is exposed,,, only a switch.

Lokar Emergency Brake Cables & Connector Cables

Best regards,

Fred

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses, the Calipers I believe are the Z06 kit for the C5.
As far as I can tell C6 bearings and uprights are still the same parts anyway?

Here in Australia I can't imagine getting an electric actuator for the parking brake past the Engineer that'll have to sign off the car.

Back