Corvette Z06 brakes

Im going to build a mid engined car from scratch, and want (going to) use Corvette C6 Z06 brakes, 6 piston front, 4 rear.
Now is it possible to just use the original brake master cylinder with power booster, or will a normally operated master cylinder be sufficient?
I have absolutely no clue about this matter to be honest, and any help is welcome.
It will be used with an Audi V8 if that matters.
Thanks!

Last edited:
i am using the Z06 front and rear brakes and suspension parts on my custom build. I am using them with Tilton Petals and master cylinders. I have not tried them yet as I am just installing the brakes this week. I do think they should stop a 2500# car if they are designed to stop a corvette at 3300#. They are not really a true big brake like the wilwood's or brembo's. they use individual pads, one on each piston. and the pistons are small. they are more show then go but it is hard to beat the price. they are $250 per caliper which is half the price of any others. the rotors are about $75 each from GM, which is cheap for a 14" rotor. but be warned that they are heavy and the GM bean counters dictated that they only make left side rotors so the vented rotors on the right are spinning backwards. they require a minimum of an 18" wheel with the Z06 offset.

Jarno.I,m building a mid-engined self built project using Willwood pedal box & discs..6 piston fr. & 4piston r.with twin master cylinders. If you would like to see my set-up I will have the car in her new home in Leiden by Kerst.Eddie.

Back