Countdown to our new Ford GT

Heya folks,

A little update. As you remember, a few months ago I mentioned that the dealership I work at, Townsend Ford, would be the lucky recipient of a 2005 Yellow with black Ford GT.

Well, I'm happy to report that we had our order pulled from the Ford order bank. The car has a VIN, and the build date was listed as 05/16/2005.

We're hoping that we will receive within the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'll let you know when it comes in, and when it does, I invite all GT40 fans from the Southern New Hampshire/ Norther Mass area to stop by for a look.

Joe

fyi/fwiw - Framingham Ford seems to have moved their red car (after a LONG time) and now has a blue car on the floor.

doody.

I was speaking to one of their sales reps during a routine dealer transfer/swap. He mentioned to me that Framingham Ford sold their red GT to the CEO of Hitachi, and that the blue one is currently up for auction.

It's here!!!!!

Sorry for the quality, but I took these with my phone. I'll have better ones posted when the film is developed from my Pentax.

We got word the truck was on the Mass Pike at 3:00 pm. We were like kids waiting on X-Mas for Santa until 6:30 when the truck pulled in. I was expecting it to pull in a trailer covered with SVT decals etc, but it was plain jane truck.

Picture016.jpg

The GT definitely made an impression, and definitely stopped traffic. As soon as people saw it, they pulled off just to glance at it.

Picture017.jpg

That's the son of the dealership's owner. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face, especially when his dad handed him the keys for a quick spin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Picture018.jpg

I got to sit in it. It's definitely cramped without being claustrophobic....and sooooo low. But visibility is not that bad. My big concern would be making sure other people see me since the car is so low and small.

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Back