Derek Bell Driving GT40/R at Sebring - Video!

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
Hi Guys:

This was a great weekend at the HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing) Sebring Fall Classic races. One of the highlights was five-time winner of the 24-hours of LeMans, Derek Bell, driving demonstration laps in the Pathfinder Motorsports' GT40/R racecar.

Derek, HSR, and Pathfinder had offered a high-speed lapping opportunity with Derek behind the wheel of Pathfinder's GT40/R Mk. I by Superformance as the featured item at a charity auction. Almost $30,000 was raised for this 'drive of a lifetime'! Here's the link to the video:

YouTube - Ford GT40 Driven by Derek Bell at Sebring International Raceway (Onboard)

Remember, Pathfinder has a special on a complete, race-ready GT40/R with a HSR/SVRA-approved endurance race engine from legendary GT40 race team Holman Moody: $119,500. That price includes full rollcage, FIA fuel cells, FIA fire suppression system - the works! For more information, please visit our website:

www.GT40racing.com

Here are some photos that you might enjoy:

Attachments

• P2090 Daytona Corner.jpg
    P2090 Daytona Corner.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,677
  • Derek Getting Brief by AEP.jpg
    Derek Getting Brief by AEP.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,586
  • Derek Bell Behind Wheel.jpg
    Derek Bell Behind Wheel.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,814
  • GT40 Leaving Pit Lane Sebring.jpg
    GT40 Leaving Pit Lane Sebring.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,527

Pathfinder Motorsports

Sponsoring Vendor
Thanks for posting. Any comments/impressions from Derek on what he liked or diskliked about the car?

Derek was extremely complimentary of the GT40/R, likening the experience to the first time he drove a GT40: It was a John Wyer prepared car that, in Derek's words, "drove like silk - just as you would expect". While he has seen our cars before, this was his first opportunity to drive one, something he had been looking forward to for almost six months. When he first sat in a GT40/R he remarked that, "This is so unlike a reproduction. I can't tell this from a real one - you've done a splendid job with this."

And of course, that has been our goal with the GT40/R - create as near-identical a racecar as was raced in the mid-60's while offering all the safety features expected in 2009. With renowned drivers like Brian Redman, Bill Adams, Divina Galica, and Derek Bell all praising the GT40/R, I guess we're going in the right direction!

Alan

I think it's called living the dream. Be carefull, there will be a lot of jelous people out there...
Car looks amazing, you are obviously very proud of you're achievements and rightly so.

Martin

Back