Did the forum color scheme change?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I only see 5 schemes, and the one I used in the past isn't there any longer (having cycled through all 5 of the available ones).

Is there a secret handshake or something to get back the original Gulf scheme I used to have?

.?.I see eight.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Oddly, of the two you displayed Ron, all I find is the one on the right even when going through User Control Panel..

Okay suddenly the other three have appeared and I am back on "GT40s Classic"... :stunned:

:thumbsup:

Ron Earp

Admin
Maybe GT40s Classic should be disabled so you fellows will learn how to deal with hardship...

Yep they are all there as far as I can see. Thanks for the vid embed Ron.

Nothing new there. It's been there for a couple of months, just a few days after someone complained about it not working.

It's working for me now. Ron added mroe choices - you want gt40 classic

Bzzzt. No new schemes, these have all been available since 2006. The only thing that changed is the default scheme. GT40 Classic was the default so nobody ever knew what it was called since they didn't go looking for it.

Bzzzt. No new schemes, these have all been available since 2006. The only thing that changed is the default scheme. GT40 Classic was the default so nobody ever knew what it was called since they didn't go looking for it.

Well, before I wrote this post I had checked my user CP, went through all the options and it was not there. Then later in the day after people starting complaining it mysteriously appeared - see above, I'm not the only one whom it disappeared on.

Just learn to love the new default scheme. It'll be easier all around.

The new default color scheme for most of us was a horrific poo brown.

but it's all good now that the gt40s classic option has re-appeared

Besides, it's the American way to bitch and moan until you get what you want, so it's all good ;)

Can you show me a picture o the Gulf that is "missing"? I never used the Gulf skins myself so never paid attention to them, but I can assure you I've not changed any of them.

Well, *somebody* did. The Gulf scheme in your leftmost photo above (GT40 Classic I suppose it's called) disappeared. When I wrote my 'how to' post above, there were only five skin options available, and the original Gulf skin was not one of them.

Then, suddenly, this morning, more skins appeared, including GT40 Classic.

I couldn't switch fast enough! :laugh:

Ron Earp

Admin
Besides, it's the American way to bitch and moan until you get what you want, so it's all good ;)

But you're a Canadian non-forum supporter so you don't get to bitch and moan! :) Heck, the best way for the forum to increase support levels is to make the GT40s "Classic" scheme only available to supporters. Who'd a thunk it?

I'd be on for that Ron, although I don't even use that one. I prefer the MK-II light. Easier on my old eyes.

On My screen it is at very bottom left, drop down list with 8 options, the old colour scheme is called GT40s classic. I now have the exact old colour scheme displayed. Hope is helps.
Make the change on the General FORUM page and all the forums take the new colour, otherwise you only change the individual forum you are currently on!!

Last edited:
Bloody hell, I thought us Brits were the masters of complaining about trivial things, now we'll have to have a meeting and review the situation.:laugh:

We have to move forward and accept change and modernisation.

Right, now I'm off to look at more of those fabulous 1960s Fords. :laugh:

Keith

Bloody hell, I thought us Brits were the masters of complaining about trivial things, now we'll have to have a meeting and review the situation.:laugh:

We have to move forward and accept change and modernisation.

Right, now I'm off to look at more of those fabulous 1960s Fords. :laugh:

Mr Noakes, it is clear you have not read the forum rules correctly.:deal: As a new poster, you are only entitled to use one smiley per post.

Please adhere to the rules in future.

I, on the other hand, can use literally thousands if I choose to - to wit..:wideeyed::po: :wiseguy: :smart:

This not a trivial matter..:mean:

Mr Noakes, it is clear you have not read the forum rules correctly.:deal: As a new poster, you are only entitled to use one smiley per post.

Please adhere to the rules in future.

I, on the other hand, can use literally thousands if I choose to - to wit..:wideeyed::po: :wiseguy: :smart:

This not a trivial matter..:mean:

Dat's write, now lissin up to keef da man, yah gotta be an ol phart to post smilleys n grumpies:sad::drunk::stunned::shy::veryangry::cry::laugh::shout::thumbsup::idea::thumbsdown::worried::):):):):):):)

Back