Disszy for Weber intakes

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great plan Tom... I've been trying to figure out how to retrofit my manifold with some form of shared plenum. I wanted to have a distributor with a vacuum advance for a little better street manners.

I may end up looking into a manifold like yours! :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

Not so sure it is "ready to run" as there does not appear to be any injectors, harness or ECU included. Certainly that can be retrofitted, but at probably a substantial cost.

If you choose to go this route, I may be able to help out if your shipment method would be US Postal Service as I live a very long way from either a Fed Ex or UPS Terminal.

HAd to laugh at that description "lightweight manifold" . This intake manifold is quite ok casted, but everything but lightweight.

Throttlebody setup looks like it even can be swapped side by side to have the fuelrails and injectors running inside.

would fear a bit the synchron movement with those 8 single throttle bodies ( 6 throttle links) instead of a paired throttle body setup where you would have only 2 throttle links.

TOM

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
HAd to laugh at that description "lightweight manifold" . This intake manifold is quite ok casted, but everything but lightweight.

Throttlebody setup looks like it even can be swapped side by side to have the fuelrails and injectors running inside.

would fear a bit the synchron movement with those 8 single throttle bodies ( 6 throttle links) instead of a paired throttle body setup where you would have only 2 throttle links.

TOM

Good thought Tom

But with fuel rails inside it is really close to Dizzy and do you really want a spark arcing to a fuel rail?

Ian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
All things relative Tom... Lift a cast iron intake manifold from a mid 60's Ford FE engine sometime.. It will give you a whole new appreciation for the term "sorta heavy"... :)

Dave Contact the seller as they ship world wide and ask for a quote. That should save over having it shipped to someone in the U.S. then sent to you. Wally

Dave Contact the seller as they ship world wide and ask for a quote. That should save over having it shipped to someone in the U.S. then sent to you. Wally

THink Dave is aware of that fact :lipsrsealed:

BTW aren´t they somehow also based in Australia? at least they advertise with australian race teams

TOM

TWM - now Borla Induction and Inglese use manifolds from Blue Thunder in Palm Springs. Blue Thunder make the double waterneck style IDA intakes with or without Cobra logo in both parallel and opposed versions. They also make the plenum style with integral thermostat housing for Individual Throttle bodies. They also supply Holman and Moody. The ProComp/Speedmaster intakes are knockoffs of the plenum/thermostat style intake from Blue Thunder. Blue Thunder also make a Small Block Ch*vy plenum style manifold also used by TWM/Borla and Inglese among others - Procomp/Speedster knocks this one off too as well as making a less than stellar knockoff of the original Moon Chevy cross ram for Weber DCOEs.

Back