Donington Track Day & Club AGM

Monday was a fantastic day at Donington, many thanks to Desmond Finnan and all those who helped make the day so enjoyable.
The sun shone, BookaTrack organised the day perfectly and Dr John and Ben told us all where to go on the track (so to speak).
Many 40s were there including Chris Ball's original and in addition a variety of other makes were present including club members with their Loti (?),Nobles etc.
Lets hope the weather is as kind to us next year...................
The AGM was held in the Media Centre overlooking the track and was one of the shortest and concise meetings ever. Must have been something to do with everyone wanting to get back on track!
Enclose a few photos from the day. Final shot shows how close we were to East Midlands airport with planes taking off overhead all the time.
Once again, well done Desmond

Attachments

• Donington 2011 PRB Photos (29).JPG
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (29).JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Donington 2011 PRB Photos (64).JPG
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (64).JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Donington 2011 PRB Photos (76).JPG
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (76).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Donington 2011 PRB Photos (79).JPG
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (79).JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Donington 2011 PRB Photos (81).jpg
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (81).jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 301
  • Donington 2011 PRB Photos (95).JPG
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (95).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 300
I second that.
It was a terrific day and superbly organised, well done to all concerned.
I'll definitely be back for more, if I can work out how to quieten the Cobra down a little.
Thanks everyone.

Paul

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I agree too a well organised event and many thanks to Desmond for doing the massive amount of legwork involved. Thanks also to Book A Track for their support in running the event.

I'll hold my hand up as someone who must have tried too hard as I spun on the left hander under the bridge. I have it on in car video and cannotfigure out why she went around so quickly. Anyway she started and I rejoined the session.

I'll upload to u tube soon but last night the home internet connection was dire!

Thanks again all and Desmond you must have a good line to "him upstairs" as you also managed to organise a great bit of weather.

Cheers
Ian

Few more pictures.

Attachments

• 206a.jpg
    206a.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 279
  • 207a.jpg
    207a.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 209a.jpg
    209a.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 238a.jpg
    238a.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 240a.jpg
    240a.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 241a.jpg
    241a.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 242a.jpg
    242a.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 267
Here's another pic of the Club Webmaster (over from Canada) and Editor prior to a jaunt on the circuit.
A truly excellent day, graced by terrific weather.
Well done, Desmond.

Attachments

• Donington 2011 PRB Photos (60).jpg
    Donington 2011 PRB Photos (60).jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 217

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry to have missed it, it sounds like a rip roaring time was had by all so I hope to have fixed my car by next year. Well, maybe sooner.... Anyone got some spare Alcon callipers lying around?

Yes, yes, yes, what a great day. Thanks to Desmond, but also the Donington Park owners and BookATrack for their efforts. Let's not forget the marshalls and ambulance crews who were all on standby, but not needed, thank goodness. apart from Debbie & I who managed to spin and then not restart due to flooding. Kindly marshalls pulled us back to the pits and sorry to the other drivers for clogging up that session. Thanks also to my wife Debbie, who agreed to drive on the track.. with her arm twisted behind her back. perhaps why the spin.. and not the incorrect tyre pressures, cold tyres, oil on track, rain on that corner.. err! I must also give a personal thanks to Chris Hale for a ride in his Tornado and finally Nigel hulme in his mind-bending Superformance. Well done Desmond.. Andrew (Chairman)

:thumbsup: A Totally brilliant day, Thanks to ALL.

As a track day novice my thanks to all drivers for their courteous & impecable driving.

Next year an AGM track day & the Le Mans Classic!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to add my thanks to Desmond, BookATrack and the officials, a very friendly bunch and extremely helpful in retrieving my wheel spinner that came off during one session, fortunately the wheel stayed on and I made it back all in one piece to fight another day (a later session actually). Huge thanks to Dick Townsend for giving me a spark plug when one of mine gave up the ghost, that made all the difference to my on track performance. Finally a vote of thanks to the man upstairs for giving us such great weather, it made the day really special. First time I've met many of you and I must say what a superb crowd you are. Looking forward to the next time, whenever and wherever that may be.

a big thankyou to desmond what a track day FANTASTIC! if you were passed by my no. 7 GT40 it was probably not me drivng but my old friend jon brindley who is 78, no old age pensioner should be able to drive that fast! chris glad the plug helped you out. did anyone get any videos posted yet ?
regards,
dick

came and spectated, very impressed with the standard of the cars within the club, met martin again and saw his car flying round! big thanks to martin for allowing a friend out in his car as passenger, he was very chuffed to say the least.
Met Des, had a chat and will be joining you in the club shortly! heres hoping you have another trackday now this season! cheers
chris

Hi all,as our in car video did not work, did anyone get any videos posted yet ?
regards,
dick

Back