drag strip

Jack,
Yours is almost identical to mine. Except mine isn't aluminum. I went for the 205s and port matched the intake to match the heads. My cubic inches is a little lower than yours too, Did you balance your crank? I finally gave up on the DIS when the 4th ring gear went in a month. Could never find the bad wire(s) or connection. Got an MSD now, and love it. Retained the electronics for timing control. You are braver than me. even with a 930 I don't think I would want to chance it.

Bill

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jack,
Yours is almost identical to mine. Except mine isn't aluminum. I went for the 205s and port matched the intake to match the heads. My cubic inches is a little lower than yours too, Did you balance your crank? I finally gave up on the DIS when the 4th ring gear went in a month. Could never find the bad wire(s) or connection. Got an MSD now, and love it. Retained the electronics for timing control. You are braver than me. even with a 930 I don't think I would want to chance it.

Bill
Believe me Bill that thought is always on my mind, I've been lucky so no more drag strip for the 40, it was one of those moments when your friends are pushing you to make a run and I had to prove its still got it. Stupid

The ZF's are strong but how strong is the question, there are not many threads on them blowing apart but everything has a give point.

The motor was built by T&L in North Carolina, long gone from building engines. I've heard good and bad about them, no complaints on my end, its got 12.5k miles and many of them put the motor to the test. The engine is far more than I can handle.

Not sure why you couldn't get your DIS to work, I use a MSD DIS4 as an external ignitor for the motorcycle coils which just hang off the plugs.

Good hearing from you!

Back