DRB GT40 eligiable for Marque series racing?

I see that RF40's are eligible for 2B Marque series racing
and DRB Cobra's with most other Australian built Cobra's are also eligiable.
Why is the DRB GT40 not eligiable or have I missed something?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Dave
CAMS have an eligibility list of sports cars for 2b Marque sports racing. For a
car to be added to this list there is a process. For the DRB GT40 to be added,proof would have to be supplied by the manufacturer that 10 cars have been built over a 24 month period which would put it in 2BII of limited production.Of course CAMS don't let you approach them directly and you have to contact a person who can present your case to CAMS.I can place you in touch with someone if you want to take it further.

Ross

Thanks Ross

That would be great. I'm not planning on racing my DRB but a friend
is looking at buying a GT40 kit and wants to be able to race.

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
a) The sports car racing association of australia will make representations to CAMS recognition committee on behalf of its members.

b) Manufacturers may also make representations to the CAMS recognition committe.
Peter Lawrence of CAMS is the exec officer of the CAMS recognition committee.

a) is for when an individual seeks to race his or her car and the manufacturer has not sought recognition.

Note - GT40 is classed as an open car by CAMS

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Mine --- er, I mean Gregs is log booked as a 2A sports car . I believe a submission is in place for the DRB GT40 as a 2B ... Talk to GT40 Australia for clarification (or hurry up)

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Yes that's right Trevor the SCRAA do make representations to CAMS. Our SCRAA man down here is Robin Bailey and he handled the RF application. Cars that are not on the list can generally get a 2A log book and some of these cars race with us on an invitation basis. Richard Bendell's Daytona has a 2A logbook because he hasn't completed 10 cars yet. Of course we see this as a silly technicality and welcome the car on our grid. I think Robin got the DRB Cobra on the list for Paul Crocitti so the DRB GT40 shouldn't be a problem.

Ross

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I think Trevor's car would have a log book for Targa competition but yes I reckon you have the numbers correct Dave. Most guys just do track days where a log book is not required.
Ross

Back