Duke Video 'Ford GT40 the story'

Keith

Re: Duke Video \'Ford GT40 the story\'

I think you have to look at the footage of Jeremy Clarkson driving the same Gulf car on the same airfield a couple of years back and experience his passion and sheer joy at driving this car then compare it with Tiff Needells powder puff, laconic almost bored approach to best judge the overall presentation of the Duke video.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Ian,

Down loaded all of the files and instructions yesterday. This included screen shots of the two different video chips that could be encountered in the same model number (and separate patch files for each of course.)

I doubt that I would have even thought of searching out a hack for a DVD player on the net. But, in hindsight, it makes sense.

Thanks again!
Lynn

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Lynn

No problem I am glad to have been of assistance.It is great to be able to give some information to someone who so readily divulges their wisdom.

Hopefully you will now be able to play any DVD's you get rom whereever in the world

Cheers
Ian

MWGT40

Supporter

I have to say that I agree with Keith - that the video where Clarkson drove the GT40 was much better. However, this DVD is still worth getting IMHO.

Does anybody know if the CLarkson footage is available on DVD instead of video (which I have already)?

Keith

I have the GT40 clip (only) in a Windows Media File format. If you would like that 5 min clip, I'd be glad to mail it to you..Sounds way cool on the surround sound PC!

Keith

Martin, Ooops! It is 33Mb! Broadband only I'm afraid unless you're feeling flush with a dial-up.

Malcolm

Supporter

Martin

Martin, did you know that 4 years ago Sally (lady from GT40 DVD) was at our track day getting some last minute prcatice in before the revival meeting at Goodwood. She had a Ferrari of some description and not a 40 then.

Malcolm

Supporter

Oh, I forgot to say in that last post, I thought the DVD quite ok. Remember they didn't have the camera and editing technology that we have nowadays. Also Andrew puts in massive effort to make the club DVDs the best thing since sliced bread! Phil Stone who did the Nurburgring video also did a fab job although my memory says it is under 20 minutes long. But very worthwhile all the same. At one stage we had three cameras fitted to my car to get lots of angles in one take.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter

I think that the current Top Gear magazine has a dvd with it, maybe that has the Clarkson GT40 footage on it. Anyone know?

Back