ECU & other electronics mounting location

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get a head start on laying out the electronics of the car and was curious to see about where in the car folks have mounted the following electronics:

1) ECU
2) Each of the three major ISIS components if you used that system
3) PDM/PDU if you used that instead of the ISIS

I've seen the thread about battery location, so no need to comment on that unless you really want to...

I'd like to get most of this figured out so I can make adapter harnesses for the various components to go from huge 50-pin connectors from the ECU down to individual 2-5 strand connectors for the individual inputs and outputs.

Pictures, drawings and schematics would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Tim

The ISIS system is pre configured with the correct length wires and connectors in place for lights, AC etc etc .. to be a very simple install compared with stringing an old school harness...the ISIS is only for the chassis wiring and has no bearing on the engine managment or data system..

Its also a plug and play int the power tilt/tele steering column too, thats a nice feature on its own..

The ISIS system is pre configured with the correct length wires and connectors in place for lights, AC etc etc .. to be a very simple install compared with stringing an old school harness...the ISIS is only for the chassis wiring and has no bearing on the engine managment or data system..

Its also a plug and play int the power tilt/tele steering column too, thats a nice feature on its own..

Yup, definitely aware of the separated systems, but it's a good clarification. A good part of my question is about being an aesthetics nerd though, like is the ISIS mounted on the firewall? A frame piece with an adapter plate? Was it buried in an enclosure? That kind of stuff...

For the ECU the question is a bit more tactical, because location will determine lengths of the individual component strands.

Two ISIS modules mounted in the drives footwell area for easy of maintenance. and viewing
Third module mounted on rear firewall next to the ECU..
bus bar style connector box mounted on rear chassis rail below the ISIS module on the firewall.

I have the front 2/3s of my ISIS in the driver footbox (with an aluminum enclosure to protect it), and the remaining piece behind the rear firewall, across from the fuel tank.

I would definately build an enclosure for it in it the front - I was working in the footbox one day and accidently leaned on it and broke one of the connectors, boooooo. It was an easy fix, but it taught me to make certain to keep it protected at all times.

I have the front 2/3s of my ISIS in the driver footbox (with an aluminum enclosure to protect it), and the remaining piece behind the rear firewall, across from the fuel tank.

I would definately build an enclosure for it in it the front - I was working in the footbox one day and accidently leaned on it and broke one of the connectors, boooooo. It was an easy fix, but it taught me to make certain to keep it protected at all times.

Thanks. Do you have any pictures of both mounting locations?

Alex- do you have pics of the enclosure?

I put my ecu here (used rivnuts to fasten):

photobucket-1522-1329356487474.jpg

I think there are pics on my build thread where the Isis brain is (same place-driver's side). I'm in the process of relocating the Powercells now, but trying to keep them both inside the footwell area.

Hello Alex,
Being that I have never seen an SL-C yet, how much room is in this area. is it easy to access. If there was a failure how much work would it be to do a change out?
Cheers,
Grant

Grant,

if the ISIS is moved from our standard location then the premade ISIS wiring harness will no longer be effective...

We chose easy to access locations giving good simple wiring runs too..

Thanks Fran , Alex,
I am hoping to have my SL-C March 6, I am thinking I should rip out to see yours Alex might help visualize placement of the components, do you still have a mock up engine sitting in your car?
Cheers,

Back