F1 in 2016

So Apple looking to buy McLaren, better than mcdonalds I guess...

There was some interesting footage in the last GP practice. Marko positively beaming at Verstappen, and if you have it recorded follow his gaze - interesting...
Absolute scowl on his face when he is standing looking at Ricardo sitting in his car.
I am beginning to see your point Pete - What has he got against Australians I wonder?

Tim.

No doubt if so, a McLaren pit stop will then involve a reboot and/or Software Update:stunned:

Bureaucrats are continuing their campaign to destroy everything with their constant trickle of petty rules and regulations - this time in motogp: no hand gestures, no riding on cooldown etc without both hands on the bars...

I understand in the land of the free and the home of the brave that an extended finger is punishable by death and must be blurred out in public media because it may cause old ladies eyes to catch fire, but in the rest of the world it is has about as much impact as a nerf ball - it only gains power by the ridiculous overreaction to it - it is after all just a hand gesture.
Two hands off the bars in post race cooldown etc... professional riders at the pinnacle of the sport... seriously...

Bureaucracy is the slow relentless death of everything. Motogp surpasses other forms of Motorsport in large part because it is so good at communicating the passion and skill of its riders. This move by the bureaucrats moves it in the direction of other sports that the rule makers have ruined.

Tim.

I would be so chuffed if all the riders this race, after they have crossed the finish line and are cooling down, gave a two handed one finger salute. This sport creates passion in its audience by being passionate.

Tim.

Bureaucrats are continuing their campaign to destroy everything with their constant trickle of petty rules and regulations - this time in motogp: no hand gestures, no riding on cooldown etc without both hands on the bars...

Tim.

Correction: as I understand it they must now have at least one hand on the bars, not as I mistakenly wrote above "both hands on the bars". Got it right further down though. :)

Tim.

If this is true maybe next MotoGP will outlaw passing. Make it more like F1....boring. If you like racing and passing it's all in MotoGP. I can't really remember why I watch F1, must be some bad habit I can't shake.

The first 4 corners of MotoGP Aragon = serious talent on display.

Australian officials prove they are not immune to stupiddecisionitus -
Moto3 today: a rider has a start from back of grid penalty - in 5 laps he gets himself to second place - race red flagged - race restarted, rider has to start from back of grid again.

Tim

Keith

Vettel is now off my Christmas card list for good. You cannot tell a race official to f**** off on the radio without consequences. There now seems open warfare between him and the brat. He used to be a calm individual - Ferrari must be in a bit of a mess.

Good news is that it looks likely Ross Brawn may be returning to take some kind of executive role in F.OM. possibly even replacing Bernie who was 85 yesterday and surely now on the slippery slope..

It's time. I think F1 will miss him, but he has definitely passed his sell by date and I say that as one of his long time supporters. He's made a lot of people very rich and that's a gift.

Here's wishing Frank Williams a full recovery from pneumonia. A very nasty and unwelcome burden in his state of health. It has to be serious as Claire is not attending anymore races this season, well maybe the last one.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've looked repeatedly at these two situations (Rosberg's and Verstappen's corner-cutting to maintain position), and Rosberg's appears to be more obvious of a violation against Ricciardo than Verstapen's was against Vettle, yet only Verstappen was penalized. Rosberg was behind Ricciardo when he took off into the grass.

Keith

Brazil: Hamilton, Rosberg, Vestappen

Abu Dhabi: Ricciardo Vestappen Hamilton Vettel Rosberg

355, 367, 192

270, 210, 370, 196, 377.

Rosberg wins F1 WDC...

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
What I foresee is a mechanical issue with Rosberg in one of the next two races, resulting in a panic drive that takes out one or both Merc cars.

Back