Fast Fun at Donington Park

Well -

Something different here, I spent today with friends up at Donington Park Motor Circuit playing with a newly acquired vehicle...

The car is, we believe, the first privately owned Viper Competition Coupe in the Uk and what a blast!!:)

It is fully equipped with Air Jacks, Full Motec Instrumentation/logging and lots and lots of carbon fiber. My continuing diet stood me well as I found climbing in through the cage easier than acticipated and all belts fitted easily.

Whilst I did not get 'hands on wheel' today (has been promised for future outing) the experience was extremely enjoyable...

It was the owner's first time driving the car - having only collected it from overseas 10 days ago and with slicks all round (12" wide on front:eek: ) the grip was superb. It instantly gave an immense feel of security, as did the equally huge brakes. Its deceleration when requested was something else. Acceleration was good, although not spectacular, with a 520BHP lump up front and it was happy to be buzzed about all day with ZERO problems encountered (try that with most 40s....) passing just about everything (excluding some seriously quick Porsches with Pro drivers) and holding a steady 87 deg C on water/Oil temp...:)

So - lots of fun, thanks friends... and I look forward to it's next outing...

Attachments

• 318.JPG
    318.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 329.JPG
    329.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 349
  • 365.JPG
    365.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 320
  • 403.JPG
    403.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 432.JPG
    432.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 451.JPG
    451.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 475.JPG
    475.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 492.JPG
    492.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 329
  • 497.JPG
    497.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Oh and as it was a 'noisy day'... there were a few other interesting cars there too, including these.

Attachments

• Other 1.JPG
    Other 1.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 315
  • Other 2.JPG
    Other 2.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 330
Not sure what the lower car above was, but it was by far and away the LOUDEST car there on the day.

Also saw a nice Pro-Sport - an original enclosed version of Malcom MacAdam's spyder.

Attachments

• Prosp1.JPG
    Prosp1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Prosp2.JPG
    Prosp2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 317
And a Porsche that you may remember from Malcolm's 'Britcar' experience last September... (this time with all its valves in place...;) )

Attachments

• MalcPorsche.JPG
    MalcPorsche.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 311

Malcolm

Supporter
Blimey, Paul why not make me feel bad about not getting to Donnington yesterday! Fab cars, all of them!

If those wheels on the Viper are 18 inch, then those discs must 14 inches across? And I would guess it has racing ABS so no wonder it stops well. The Porsche that I drove shown above had full racing ABS and those were also amazing brakes. Very good for trail braking. Difference between racing and road ABS is the speed of reaction and cadence braking.

Back