Favorite Movies

The opening scene in The Italian Job (original version) with the Muira being driven through the alps was magical. But I almost cried after the tunnel crash and explosion.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
The Professional (aka Leon).
Blade Runner (The Director's cut).
Life of Brian.

Mike Pass

Supporter
My "best of" list

Godfather series
Alien
The Deer Hunter
Zulu
Usual Suspects
Miller's Crossing
Life of Brian
Airplane
Oh Brother. Where art Thou.
Seven
Silence of the lambs
Pulp Fiction
RAN (Kurosawa's King Lear)
Chinatown
Gladiator

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Jim, for mentioning "Three Days of the Condor". Definitely on my Top 10 list. This movie is more topical now than when released many years ago. Other favorites would include: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Forbidden Planet, African Queen, Vertigo, As Good As It Gets, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, A Man for All Seasons and Silence of the Lambs. A.J.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
The World's Fastest Indian
Trainspotting
Soldier Blue
Das Boot
The French Connection
Chinatown
Goodfella's
The Deer Hunter

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

I like your list.

You are so right, Three Days of the Condor, a great movie. This is a movie made for adults, a fabulouse cast Robert Redford and that scary Alsation Gentleman. For those who have not seen this one, its well worth watching, pay attention, because the plot is very interesting and is complex.

Another one I just remembered, Sluth, a great story in a big house with only two actors. Lord Olivier and Michael Cane.

I love movies also , and agree with every ones' picks and then some
Euro Trip ( Scotty doesn't Know -best song ever )
MAD MAX / Road Warrior (but not so much Thunder dome )
Gone in 60 Seconds ( Cage's version ok , BUT think original is the best ! )
Two Lane Black Top
Dirty Larry - Crazy Marry ( or what ever it was )
Hot Rod (the street racer who pieces to gather a Willis to beat the town punk )
Gator ( always wanted that brown ford )
Vanishing Point (original )
Burlesque ( my wife says I a dirty old man )
Always ( cool airplanes )
Fifth Element ( annoys my wife , and is on all the time , even more annoyed ! )
Barbershop ( most of Ice Cubes movies are good )
Blazing Saddles
Space Balls ( Love going to the movie to see what happens next , and Ludicrous speed )
Greased Lightening ( Wendell Scott story )
Richard Petty story ( getting it up on his wedding night ... rpms that is )
There are lots more , and yes kind of a car theme , but I didn't want to repeat movie already listed .

OH , and CARS , and CARS II
And Fast 5 and ...........

Always (cool airplanes )
QUOTE]

I liked that movie too for the planes....fast forward to a couple of years ago.

We are headed up to Tahoe (mom's house) from Minden Nevada. There is a fire going in the Sierras at the intersection of 88 and 89. I hear lots of prop airplanes through the smokey sky - pull over and snap a picture just in time of a (Neptune?) firefighting aircraft the instant it emerges from the smoke while dumping it's cargo.

A few days later we find out the plane broke up on take off for it's very next run. All were lost. The picture in my camera was the last known photo of the crew in action, and was used for many of the memorials.

A tip of the hat to these men as my Mom's house was saved on at least one occasion by air based firefighting.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Code:
Rob,

A big thumbs up to the Fire Bomber guys!

You know I live on Sugar Mountain behind Saratoga, a few years ago a fire started behind Stevens Creek and was coming up the hill towards us.

Frances called me at work, I rushed home (way too fast), as I was setting up our big sprinklers, a turbo S2 came over the house and down the canyon, then another and another.....

It was like the Cavalry came to save the day! We were on our deck waving and cheering. Fantastic!

Later a huge MD11 (DC-10) made two drops in the canyon, it was thrilling:)

The next day we took cookies and a donation over to the Cal Fire base.

Back