Festival of Speed - Got any pics?

Had a great time with Ron Earp/Rodger Burston at the Festival on Saturday - plenty to see - and the weather stayed dry....

A few pics from the day - anyone got some to post?....

Attachments

• 60313-fos1.JPG
    60313-fos1.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 233
Ron and 'Scooby-Doo'..... (Ron's on the right if you are unsure) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 60315-fos3.JPG
    60315-fos3.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 225

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
A few pics from the day - anyone got some to post?....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I took about 400 (digital) over the 3 days (+about 2 hours of video) so hopefully there will be something worth posting once I have downloaded/processed them all!

Here is a picture of Honda's 3 litre F1 car from 1967. John Surtees won the Italian GP at Monza in it. Reputedly he didn't like it but I still recall watching the finish on TV with Jack Braham fighting with Surtees on the last lap into the parabolica last turn, he got passed but out braked himself slightly and Surtess won by a tiny margin. Can't recall a better finish since.

BTW its a replica - so mine wasn't the only on show at Goodwood /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 60509-GoodwoodFOS2005017.3.jpg
    60509-GoodwoodFOS2005017.3.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 238

Ron Earp

Admin
Anyone get any pictures of John Britten's V8 cycle there? I saw it fly by on the course while standing on the sidelines, but Paul and I didn't get a picture. I'll write some more about my experience later, it was fantastic!

Is that the Blue Train Bentley?

How about some captions for some of the other cars? They're definitely interesting.

Back