Finished Weight Of a KVA GT40

Hi..
I Need To Find Out The Average Finished Weight Of A Kva Gt40 Fitted With A Rover V8.. Without Going To A Weigh Bridge.. Any Help Appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Ron Earp

Admin
You can build a lever system and use a standard house scale. Here is an image that gives you and idea of how to do it, but if you search the web you'll find better directions. Replace trailer tongue with your car wheel and repeat four times. Add weight, you have total weight.

I used this method for my trailer weight, and, I used it once on the Miata before I got it corner weighted. It was accurate to within about 5% or so, roughly in both cases - this assuming that the scales used at the corner weighting place were 100% accurate, and I'm sure they are not.

R

Attachments

• weight.gif
    weight.gif
    5 KB · Views: 579

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Comparison

DAX is 1150kg at SVA with full tanks. Rover 3.9 EFi
Body work is quite thick on a DAx

If your car is on the road head for your waste site as they all have weybridges (to check and charge people for weight dumped commercially) - they (the blokes) will want to look at the car but also normall do a quick weight check.

Ian

Here in Arizona i just take it to a local dump site, quick and simple. If trailered, measure empty trailer, then when u take the car, it is the diff.

Back