First GT40 gathering Dallas/Texas

Nice meeting everyone today. #1080 is a cool car!

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    IMG_0299.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 267
This was a great gathering. An original GT40, 2 CAV Mark I's, an SPF Mark II, and four Cobras, including an original full-race Cobra.

I was so excited looking at each individual car that I didn't get a group photo of the people or the cars... durn.

P1083 was the last factory-built racecar, identical spec as P1075. The car number is normally 83, but Randy had to change it to 88 at the Vintage race at COTA since the number 83 was already taken.

The shop at Norwood Auto Italia was impressive as a side benefit. So many exotic cars...

I learned several things that relate to my build so this was a great experience for me. For one, the CAV Mark I has deep nostrils from the factory. I had to modify mine. I got to drive Sam's CAV around the block. The CAV was built for big boys. Since we didn't adjust the seating position for me, I could barely see out.

I think our next outing should be at one of the builds taking place. We have Pete, John, Darrin, and myself. My body might still be out for paint in November, so I will probably be more prepared for December. We could also go to Mark's and see his GT 40, Daytona Coupe, and Cobra. I have coordinated a tour of Sam Pack's museum and continuation GT40 in November is anyone is interested. The actual date is not set yet. 1967 Ford GT 40 MK V Continuation Coupe

Let's decide on the next gathering and set a date. For me, it will have to be 14 November since I have organized a FSAE race on the 21st.

-Bob Woods

Attachments

• DFW GT40 Oct 008.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 008.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DFW GT40 Oct 002.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 002.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 731
  • DFW GT40 Oct 001.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 001.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 246
  • DFW GT40 Oct 029.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 029.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 267
  • DFW GT40 Oct 062.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 062.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 250
  • DFW GT40 Oct 079.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 079.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 259
  • DFW GT40 Oct 077.jpg
    DFW GT40 Oct 077.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 245
Bob,

We discussed at the Cobra lunch at the new Superformance dealer Saturday and we are good at meeting at Norwood at 10 am to see the original GT40 and then look at the GT40s that attend in the parking lot. We are thinking about doing a lunch somewhere after that for anyone that wants to attend TBD. I know SCAT (Shelby Club Association Texas) is meeting at the Brickhouse in Plano so that might be an option. I'd also be open to go back up to Bone Daddy's in Plano as suggested earlier in the thread.

By the way, talking to the Superformance dealer Saturday they have already sold 3 SPF GT40 rollers. One is delivered already to someone in Frisco, the second is on order about 8 months out and the 3rd is also on order although he said the guy may cancel that order and take a roller they can get from Hillbank out in Ca. They would also like to hold an open house for the GT40 owners sometime, so maybe we could do something there in the Spring when some of the other cars are finished. They currently do not have a SPF GT40 roller just one finished Daytona Coupe and about 4 Cobra rollers but plan to get one in the near future.

Gary, the "second is on order about 8 months out" is mine. It's already in production and should be ready around the end of the year.

That is indeed what that is.
Their shop has all kinds of goodly stuff. It was quite fun wandering around in there. :)

Can we meet again on the 17th? I have arranged to go to see Sam Packs continuation GT40 if there is any interest. I would like to see some builds in progress. I'll be ready for December but who wants to do November if we don't go to Sam Packs?

Our first meeting was great. Let's keep it up.

Bob Woods

I'm disappointed I missed out on that October event. If you guys don't mind a new guy coming along, I'd enjoy meeting up in November. I have a wedding to attend on the 14th, but so long as the time doesn't conflict, I'm available.

Bob, I've done Sam Pack's several times. We go there every May for the Spring Hot Rod meet. I'd meet you guys for lunch somewhere if you decide to have a November get together.

Sam

I'm with Sammy on this as I have seen Sam's collection numerous times and we do go there the 1st weekend in May for his big custom car show. If you decide to meet for lunch in the Addison/Carrollton/Farmer's Branch area I'm in...

I'm with Sammy on this as I have seen Sam's collection numerous times and we do go there the 1st weekend in May for his big custom car show. If you decide to meet for lunch in the Addison/Carrollton/Farmer's Branch area I'm in...

Yes we meet at Sam Pack every year....

m_DSC09183.jpg

We could meet for lunch at a new place like the Brick House in Plano :thumbsup::laugh:...

Ok, the Brick House it is! I would propose 10:30 am on Saturday 14 Nov at the Brick House in Plano. I probably will not be able to stay for lunch but I would like to see the cars and talk to the people. We might have a new face or two. Please post if you can attend.

I would like to host the December meeting at my house in Arlington. My body parts should be back from paint and the engine should be mounted. Can we do Saturday 12 December at 10:30?

-Bob Woods

Don’t know if you guys are interested but the Quaker Steak & Lube that closed in Frisco (Parkwood & 121) just reopened as new sports bar/restaurant and has great parking. I think it is called Tight End or something like that. I’m also good with Brickhouse although been there a lot lately.

Back