First pics of my GT40NZ

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

web page
cool.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

OK Alain, that puppy should be drivable in 3 months. No Excuses either!
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Alain, those are real good photos. I like that center console and I want it . That thing is the best one I've ever seen in a forty. Are you gonna do the paint work?.

Hersh
smile.gif

Mark, happy to be here. Can't wait to get my first "stern warning" from thew local authorities about my noise levels.
grin.gif

Mike, shipping the container to KS was right at,$3260 for the freight from NZ to Kansas City. I haven't recieved the trucking bill from Kansas City to my door yet.
(of course this doesn't include the import costs/duties either, which were another 1600)

Hersh, I have every intention of having it done this summer! The console is covered with a textured vinyl just like the dash.

I am not doing the paintwork myself. My painter did come by and look at it yesterday. He was very happy to see the quality of the bodywork is soo much better than the cobra I had him paint a few years ago.
HE spent about a half an hour looking it over & made a few notes, then we discussed my color choice.

Mark W., you are right. All of the "permanent" aluminum panels are already riveted in place, and all of the removable ones are fitted and installed with rivnuts.

The suspension pieces are just loosly hung, and need to be set up & tightened.

Denis, the car is everything I expected and more. I had six visitors today, who all are either involved in racing or cobra replicas. Everyone was very impressed with the kit.

Alain,
Would like to know which port received your car and what it was classified as for customs? I am expecting my cars soon and would like hassle free inport. I am getting mine shipped to Boston. Also, I was wondering how long it takes once it is shipped from NZ to get to the States?
Thanks
Denis

My kit entered the US in Oakland,Californina.
I think it letf NZ(or was loaded) on 4/26 and it arrived in CA on the 11th of May....the big thing is to look at the ship's schedule & see if it has to make other stops before coming to your port.

One the documentation there was an itemized description of the kit with a bunch of numbers classifying it as:

a chassis and body for passenger auto, acessories, radiator,drive axle, etc etc...

I used an agent in Oakland who is affiliated with John Clarke ( who has been recommended by a few GT40 owners).

It cost me only an extra $150 to have the import agent hadnle the paperwork, and I think it was well worth it, since I had no experience with importing.

Fred, I'll trade you those wheels for 10 kilos of Belgian chocholate. My favorite is Callebaut with hazelnuts.
grin.gif

hahaha, Hersh is right,,,,if I eat that stuff, I won't be able to fit in the 40. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also, not a good idea to send chocs in the summertime. My aunt sent a postpac of Cote d'Or and pralines last summer that melted in my mailbox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Alain,
I lost 47LBS since January 21st. I feel great too. I
slide in that GT real easy now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I never new how bad carbs were for storing fat on a person. When I visited Ron Earp He mentioned something about the way the body matabolizes carbs. So I read up on it and started my own modified Atkins type diet. It
really works.

Hersh:)

Congrats Alain, great ride /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back