First SFP Owner Install Completed

Hey Lynn,

I came home from the hospital with one of those plastic pink puke trays. (Actually, I think it is a wash basin)

Thought never entered my mind it could be used on a GT40. I better save mine for my GT40.......if and when I get one.:pepper:

Eventually I want to make a GT40 reference disc that has is so inclusive, that it can serve as a master resource for anyone going through this process.

Outstanding. Invaluable experience for even SPF's pro installers, most of which are still "feeling their way around" this car.

Last edited:
Hi, Joe here. I own SPF 2144. Congrats on your install Lynn, been there myself and completed my install by the end of December ‘06. After taking delivery of the car just before Thanksgiving, my father-in-law and I put in some long hours on evenings after work and weekends to get the job done. I’m sure you will agree that it was worth the all those busted knuckles to be able to go out and grab some gears when it was all done! I’ve attached some pictures for viewing. Have 1,200 miles on the car, so far so good ~ what a pleasure!

Attachments

• DSC01695.JPG
    DSC01695.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 735
  • DSC01663.JPG
    DSC01663.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 702
  • DSC01793.JPG
    DSC01793.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 703
  • DSC01796.JPG
    DSC01796.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 704
  • DSC01792-2.JPG
    DSC01792-2.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 679
Joe

Sorry for my claim of being first. You must have had the trans before the car. How else could you do #44 so quickly? I had my car #33 the first week of September 06 but didn't get the trans until late April 07.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Lynn -
Congratulations on the install! I sent money via PayPal this morning and included a little extra to help defray the postage and CD costs. I agree about Ian Grunes and the guys at Dynamic - they're first class and always helpful.

Please send the latest version of the CD whenever you have time. Thanks for your help and have a good week.

Steve

Lynn Miner,

Got your PM.

I will be available from 7:00 to Noon today. After that, I have to head into Portland for my first Chemo Therapy Treatment, and will not be back home until 4:00 PM or so. Give a call anytime this morning if you can, or this evening.

AZJoe: Very nice looking car! The polished RBT really looks great!rockonsmile

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Lynn,

Looks great!

Watch the Nylock nuts you have on the exhaust where it meets the collectors, the heat will melt the nylon leaving no locking means. Perhaps a safety wire or castelleated nut with a pin would be superior.

Rick

Joe

Sorry for my claim of being first. You must have had the trans before the car. How else could you do #44 so quickly? I had my car #33 the first week of September 06 but didn't get the trans until late April 07.

Yes, thankfully I ordered the transaxle shortly after putting my order in for the GT40, I was able to pick it up a week after the car came in; fortunately I avoided much of the delay others are experiencing.

hey lynn this is kyle garys grandson. I just wanted to say thank you again for taking me in a ride in you beautiful car and that it was really fun and i hope that you come out to PIR next year and that i love riding in your gt40!

You're welcome Kyle. I can't imagine what it would have been like when I was nine years old to have such an opportunity. I had to wait till I was in my 50's !!!

Chris Duncan

Supporter
VERY NICE MK II !!!! CONGRATS !!!!

AND your in the PNW. At first I thought it was just me and Neal but you guys keep coming out of the woodwork. We'll have to get a group ride in late Aug or Sept

Lynn
Do you plan to take your car to next years' Western States Cobra Bash? If so, I'll see you there with my GT40

Lynn
Do you plan to take your car to next years' Western States Cobra Bash? If so, I'll see you there with my GT40

Bill, have the dates been posted for the 08 event yet? I was going to go this year but I was waiting on my trans to show up and couldn't get the car done in time.

Back