Ford GT Ebay "Right to Buy" - another one

Ford GT Ebay \"Right to Buy\" - another one

OK so there's a VIN number on this "1905 Ford GT", but not much else to reassure potential bidders, especially as further down it says "VIN supplied will not be actual VIN of vehicle".

Ebay "Right to Buy"

Rob

Re: Ford GT Ebay \"Right to Buy\" - another one

Funnily enough I suspect scam - why else would it claim automatic transmission !

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

Low lifes are attracted to this type of deal like Great Whites to bloody meat.....

I suspect that the true "resale" cars will never hit the public domain, these deals are done privately and never hit the radar...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter

I agree Mark V, anybody, read Ford dealership owner, Ford bigwig,etc. will not have to advertise to sell the one car that has been alotted to them. It is far more likely that the aformentioned owner will take the highest offer of the many that will be made to them.

I would bet that not one car from the first years production will be sold to a walkin at a dealership. I also think that a dealer that sells a car on e-bay befor it arrives at his dealship just might have to refund the money when he finds out that Ford motor company has alotted his car to someone else. FMC will not look kindly on dealer auctions on e-bay. The point of putting them into the dealer network to begin with is to increase foot traffic in the dealships and sell more mustangs, F150s etc. and this is why dealers will not sell these cars prior to arrival.

I would bet that a GT will set on a dealers floor most of the summer befor it is "sold"

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen

Can you believe it is up to $25K for the right to pay $150K+ for one of these. Unbelievable; there are far more people with more money than sense out there than I thought!

The bids went over $40k and, like the previous right-to-buy auction, this auction was cancelled before it was due.

I wonder if Ford jumped on someone?

Rob

Howard Jones

Supporter

Rob I bet your right. Ford can't allow a few greedy dealerships to disrupt what they have bet the company on. They need a new image and the GT is it. Thats why it is 140K or so. They can reasonably expect to get customers into showrooms to look at GT's that are just slightly beyond their means and slide them over to mustangs. A 300-400K supercar would not do that. AND a GT bid to someone who will lock in up in their garage without any showroom time is exactly what they don't want. I bet Ford legal reminded the dealer in question about the agreement that must be it place with these alocations.

Hell I'm gonna drive my GT40 down to my local dealer that has one and park it out in front and see what happens next. Maybe I can trade a ride.

Back