Ford GT on display in Cary, NC

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
If anyone would like to see a Ford GT "in person", there is one on display at Crossroads Ford in Cary, NC. It is located just off of I-440/US1/US64 at 1101 Buck Jones Rd. If you want to call ahead, their number is 919-460-5600, but be sure you ask about the Ford Concept GT. When I asked if the Ford GT was there, the girl, assuming Mustang GT said, "We had three, but I think they are all sold!" Dohhhh, wrong answer. On that note, this one is NOT sold, but don't even talk to them unless you have a number starting with 3 and having 6 digits in mind.

Attachments

• 46136-BuckJonesRd.JPG
    46136-BuckJonesRd.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 308
There's on ein Austin that I plan on looking at tomorrow. Friend sat in it and was very impressed. The dealer is going to sell through an auction. Starts at $200K.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Hey Pat,

I am impressed that they let your friend sit in it. The one here in the Triangle is in a little alcove that is roped off, so the closest you can get to the car is about 5 feet.

Lynn

David

Lifetime Supporter
They had one of the mules at the Texas State Fair last month. On a raised platform, couldn't get closer than 4 feet.

looked at it yesterday, very, very nice. The valve covers are blue, some sort of polymer (or at least it looks that way).

I heard the stripes are another $5K? Checked those out, they are just painted over the clearcoat, not buried under clear themselves - or so it feels (I was allowed to touch it!)

My friend is thinking about bidding on it, hence the reason he was allowed to sit. I was not and thought better than to ask. Bids are to be taken through Friday afternoon with the delivery on Monday. By the way, Micheal Dell (Dell computer) already got his, came in with this one, but was bought for sticker direct from Ford. His was black.

The rear clip is operated by a hood latch-type mechanism mounted on the upper rear bulkhead which springs the clip. You then have to depress two buttons, one on either side of the clip to open it fully. I thought the way Ford has done the lacthing mechanism at the top of the doors to delete the eyebrows was neat, but not able to get too close to get a real good look. There's another one at a different dealer in Austin, but didn't have a chance to look at it. Another is expected at the dealership where I was.

Guy at the dealership said 1500 this year, 2000 next and then they're done.

Pat dont feel like you really missed out on not getting to sit in the new GT. I sat in the blue prototype in July of 2003 at the Champcar race in Cleveland. They used it as a pace car for that race and Mario Andretti drove it.
The car is nice and I actually got to sit in it 5 months before I sat in Hershal's car (which was my first 40 I ever tried on). Dont take offense to this new GT fans, but I get a bigger kick out of a historic real GT , or a replica 40 than a factory new car or any other new car. Take care Pat, Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back