Ford Oil Pan ID?

Gentlemen, I just picked up this old cast aluminum small-block oil pan and was wondering if anyone has any idea what it came off of? The seller believed it was a marine application (Holman Moody or Chris Craft) but wasn't sure. No casting numbers except "1001" and "510" cast in the left rail. The front has provision for bolting on a waterpump? and motor mounts on the front sides. Had about 4 different layers of paint but the first was a blue-green color.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Francis

Attachments

• P1030124.JPG
    P1030124.JPG
    583.7 KB · Views: 268
  • P1030125.JPG
    P1030125.JPG
    570.1 KB · Views: 260
I have seen a few of those over the years, but I cannot remember the name of the outfit, were on motors we traded or imported ex USA and also had dedicated marine bell housing, exhaust manifolds( water cooled ) and a coolant distribution block, along with a few other bits, no recollection of HM or CC being involved though..

Thanks Jac Mac, I've been searching for info for the last few weeks and I'm sure it's not a HM unit as they were pretty proud of their stuff and usually covered with their logos. No luck finding the maker yet, but found the same pan on Ebay where it is listed as a '63-'64 260 pan, here's a pic (note the external pump on the front):

I think it will work nicely on my project anyway :)

Francis

Attachments

• Ebay 64 260 pan.jpg
    Ebay 64 260 pan.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 255
Back