Fuel cell, fire system

Having been baptized by fire (first race too!) I'd not have a track car, race or track day, without a system. I prefer the manual pull systems because I feel it is quite simple and reliable. On the T70 we have two 10 lb AFFF systems, a front and rear unit. There are two pulls on the dash and they are arranged that they can be pulled simultaneously. Each bottle empties into three nozzles that are setup in a standard pattern L/R/C that is recommended. In addtion, there is small 2lb hand extinguisher bolted to the cage driver left.

Part of the 10 lb bottles can be see on the sill here as I was refitting the MSD arrangement (bottles not properly clamped and in position yet).

Ron, I had a 10 lb Halon in my Kirkham. I had a nozzel in the rear by the fuel cell/ fuel pump, three in the engine compartment and one in the drivers footwell. I can't remember who, but someone told me that the nozzel in the drivers space was not necessary. I kind of liked having it there, thoughts??? I am going to put a system in my SLC. Is there a site the tells where and how much for nozzel placement and tanks?

Ron Earp

Admin
, but someone told me that the nozzel in the drivers space was not necessary. I kind of liked having it there, thoughts??? I am going to put a system in my SLC. Is there a site the tells where and how much for nozzel placement and tanks?

Check your manuals and I think you'll find driver nozzles recommended. I've never seen a race car without driver compartment nozzle(s). For systems like I have with a completely separate front and rear setup with each bottle only discharging into three nozzles, for six total, we have plenty of excess capacity.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
This it what the Mk 1 was fitted with.

Attachments

• GT40 Exstinguisher.jpg
    GT40 Exstinguisher.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 179
  • GT40 Extinguishers..jpg
    GT40 Extinguishers..jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 214
Back