Fuel Magnets - I want to perform some experiments

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey now, I do aim to be fair with the comparison!! I know I've stated I don't think they work, but, you always have to state a hypothesis upfront. We'll test them by alternating them as I think that is indeed fair. Now, I also still believe that the little motor isn't going to wear enough to make a bit of difference in my few hours either, but this will eliminate that possiblity.

Hey Lynn, you going to come over and help me watch fuel burn??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam C.

GT40s Sponsor
Don't listen to those guys Ron, I say go for it. You know I'm all about debunking benchtop myths.

Don't worry about the engine wear, plugs, or air filters. We don't, and our experiments are much more valuable. You'll probably introduce more variation by changing those parts.

Just make sure the engine is up to temp before beginning the measured part of the tests. Load the engine, let it warm up to aconstant temp, and then start the test. You don't want that transient stuff in the measured part of the test. The most important things will be engine temp, spark timing, A/F ratio, and load.

Hi Ron,

Very, very interesting!

Our local CAR magazine, established in 1957, has during the past years often been approached by someone who has invented a fuel saving device. It would be passed on to the technical scribe who would conduct various bench and in car tests and every single finding was that IT DOESN'T WORK. In contrast every inventor is adamant that his baby works. Who does one believe?

Just after we started CAV in late 1999, I was approached by a Dutch guy living in Cape Town, with his device called FUELSAVER. This guy was the sort who could sell ice to Eskimos and within minutes he had me totally convinced that his device would save me a fortune in fuel costs. His invention was a circular plastic moulding, measuring about two inches in diameter and one inch in width. It would be slipped over a fuel line and the magnets inside the unit would make the wildly dancing molecules or atoms or something fly in formation like birds in the sky. This would then increase performance and save fuel.

I sent Rory Byrne of Ferrari a few samples of this device with the suggestion that he conducts tests with his F1 cars at their Fiorano test circuit. Rory never came back to me on this and perhaps it became his secret weapon which won him and Schumi several World Championships. Ha ha ha ha!

When I tried to phone my fuel saving Dutch friend the other day none of his telephone, fax or cell phone numbers were operative. Perhaps CAR magazine was right!

A local company markets a device called TURBOFLO. Advertising blurb reads as follows:
'Most cars burn fuel inefficiently. Now by simply installing the scientifically designed and precision engineered TURBOFLO, the air intake of your vehicle's engine will be fine tuned to bring about incredible savings in fuel and at the same time boosting performance'.

A workshop owner writes, 'Since 1997 I have fitted BMWs, VW Golfs, Opels and Toyotas with TURBOFLO. All these vehicles are saving between 20and 25% fuel and have additional power'.

A friend, ex-Ford South Africa, has invented a device called the MOWHAWK which works on a vacuum principle. Several are currently on test on government vehicles and the owner of the workshop that maintains and services our personal cars, who also knows the inventor, says he believes it works.

What would be most interesting is for you, as an independent and unbiased person in another country to test both TURBLOFLO and MOHAWK. If you would e-mail me your postal address I'll post you the samples.

Amazing what comes out of this website - Harold Wilson, dolphins, motor bikes and fuelsavers!

Fuel for thought!
Andre 40

Back