Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

Hi Eddie: I got them from Speedway. The ones Frank posted are really nicely made. I used to work for Coleman in the 90's

Yesterday was a good day. Along with the progress on the pedal box I was able to bend part of the cooling line tunnel cover. I used a piece of the same material as I used for the floor .049 thick. It was tough to bend.

Attachments

• cooling line tunnel.JPG
    cooling line tunnel.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 921
Frank,
Thanks for the info..but like Dave I want to use polyurathane in my suspension & engine mounts..see you Sat.
Cheers Eddie.

Doug,
Thanks I use Rally-Design a lot...but when I asked for bushes in specific dimentions..they were not so keen to check all the sizes off there bushes.We are stealing Daves thread..sorry Dave.
Cheers Eddie.

The Speedway bushings Measure. 1.375" over all length. 1.371" O.D. on raised ridge,1.139 on step in center which is 1.015" long I.D is .500"

The pedal box is taking shape. Actually build time is about 8 hours so far shaping the pedal uprights has taken the most time. I have to do a bit more welding,grinding and procure a 5/16" female heim joint for the clutch rod pivot.

Attachments

• 0508091401.jpg
    0508091401.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 742
  • 0508091401a.jpg
    0508091401a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 670
Been awhile since I posted. Life seems to take time from the GT. I have been busy making cladding templates for the interior and the rear chassis section. Also been chasing axles and stub shafts to fit the UK granada hubs. The local axle rebuild shop has been a big help. Unlike the gentleman that sold me the axles on ebay.uk and would not ship the parts to my freight forwarder there after I had paid him :veryangry:. I had a bright spark moment :idea: I took my hubs to the axle guy and ah ha the cadillac Eldorado has the same splines

Attachments

• 0609091228.jpg
    0609091228.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 683
  • 0609091228a.jpg
    0609091228a.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 981
Your build is looking great.. keep it up!
judging by the seating in your last picture
you must have a good sized audience watching you work....:thumbsup:

Craig Thanks for the encouragement! If I get too tired I can take a nap:laugh:

Bram I'll keep your offer in mind if for some reason the Eldorado axles do not work. Thanks Dave

I am a bit excited today. I have finally made the plunge on the engine. It will be a 1970's 351 Windsor block. I am going to pick it up tonight. I have been stradling the fence for months as what to build 302,331,347,351,393,406. The choices could make ones head hurt.
I am going to stick with what I know. We raced a 351 Windsor in my buddies street stock for years with good success. I'll just keep it simple.

Well much excitement over nothing! My wonderful wife went specially to the bank and faithfully brought me the cash I needed. I hurried home with feeling quite giddy over finding a cheap treasure. I called the man who said he had the engine block in conversation the night before. He said all he has is 289s and 302s :sad:. Oh Well back to the search

Back