Goodwood Trackday Oct 2008

The GT40 Enthusiasts club are hoping to organise a trackday at Goodwood later this year so I thought I'd post details here too in case any 2006/7 GTD40 Club members had not visited the Enthusiasts Club website recently.

The planned date is October 10th and it will I believe be a 25 car day with the usual 105dB noise limit in place and 5 cars at a time should be allowed on track.

Take it from me, orgainsing and running trackdays is not an easy task and we were well supported as a club by 'Enthusiast Club Members' at our own trackdays in the past, so if you fancy having a go, please make contact with them for more details and to book a place.

If you have not got a 40 but would still like to have a go, please also contact them as they may be open to other appropriate/suitable vehicles too.

hi paul

i am a gt40s member but i have an ulitima mk2 that has just had a complete 15 month overhaul that i am very interested in goodwood track time could you let me know if you would allow an ultima mk2 kicking over 600bhp many thanks mike

Hi Mike,

It is the GT40 Enthusiast's club that are planning on running the event so if you visit their website (see alternate club section link) I'm sure they will be able to advise accordingly. I've seen Ultima's at Goodwood before but the main thing generally is noise. If you can keep it below 105db at 3/4 rpm at 0.5m distance (static) - or below 98dB at 10m distance on driveby then you'd be ok noise wise (providing the rules have not changed)...

BUT - Do touch base with the Enthusiast's Club, it's their event to be supported so they will be able to explain more and what vehicles will be eligible...

In fact, to save me replying to people possibly giving incorrect info, perhaps an 'Enth Club' member or official 'in the know' could either tag some details on this post, or possibly some contact details....Thanks...

Back