GT40 FAV VIN Plates for sale, AGAIN.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks Ben

You're a gentleman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I'll let you know when they arrive.

If in the meantime the first set arrive, I'll post them back to you at my cost.

Regards

Bill.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Ben

Got the plates and they look great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If the first set show up, I'll be in touch.

Thanks again.

Bill.

Sorry guys, but effective Monday, Apr 25, I will no longer ship plates on trust but will require pre-payment on all orders. Hate to do this but I can no longer absorb the losses incured due to non-payment by some members of this forum. In turn, all orders will be shipped certified mail so I can have a record the items were received. This will require that the price of the VIN plates be increased to $17.00 per set for delivery in the US and US$19 per set for outside the US. Gang,it wasn't a big deal when I found it was costing me an average of $.17 for every set I shipped but it's something else when I take it in the shorts for US$64.00 on a single order as well as several orders for single sets.

Another change is that I no longer wait to order several sets at one time as my source hss agreed to supply the plates on an "as required" basis. This means that your order normally will be mailed within a week of receipt.

Again, I'm sorry about all of this.

Ben

Ben

A local shop where I grew up named and shamed non-payers on a notice in the shop window. It was fairly radical but was very effective in a small community (such as the GT40s.com forum). It's unbelievable, especially having seen the quality of the items you've produced, and the fact that you are not making anything out of this.

Good luck.

Rob

Ben, Guilty as charged. My Appologies.
I have just sent payment via paypal with some extra dollars too.

I agree, name & shame.
Sometimes a gentle reminder is what it takes (its worked for me !!)

Cheers,
John. (off to find someone to kick my butt for you)

John, you were not one of those I was referencing but thanks for the payment and the extra bucks.

ROB, Thanks for the kind words. I know I could make a few dollars on this thing but my intent was'nt to make a profit. In fact, this whole venture started when someone on the forum had seen the plate I had made for my car and inquired here on the forum about it. As a result of that single question, asked by a forum member, I've now made and sold approximately 200 sets of GT40 plates and 45 Cobra Plates, which I also replicated. It even expanded, for a while, into GT40 Patches and Steering wheel centers.

Reckon you could describe what I do as charity work. Now, if I could only convince the IRS of that.

Ben

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Hii Ben,

Any thoughts on producing a VIN plate for a MKII?

Cheers, Brian.

Brian,

Send me the dimensions and what text you want on them and I can either make them or have them done for about the same price as the Mark I Plates.

Ben

Ben,

due to some unfortunate circumstances I'm one of the mentioned persons - I apologize. These VIN plates are not for me, and the person who got them didn't send the money as promised.
I've send it now plus some extra - again, it was no bad intention.

Regards,
Volker

Volker,

No Problem. I know how it is; doing a friend a favor and getting bit in the posterior for it.

Thanks, Volker,

Ben

Mr Miller, Sent you two e-mails regarding getting "one more" set of plates. Have not heard from you in a while. Are you on vacation? Have you been arrested? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Are you tired of me bugging ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Same here. I'm actually chasing a 2nd set of plates as a thankyou to a fellow GT40 owner for helping me out.

I could certainly understand if Ben had enough of supplying them, with all the hassles that goes along with it.

Fahrad & Craig,

I haven't gotten back to either of you as I spent the last 8 days on the road. The wife and I took the 40 to Reno for the Western States Cobra Bash (Where we had a GREAT time). Fahrad, your plates should be in the mail this Friday as stated in the e-mail I sent to you yesterday.Also, I received your PayPal payment yesterday as well. THANKS!

Craig, if you can get me the mailing address for the plates and VIN Number, if you want it engraved, I might get your set out Friday as well.

Ben

Thanks Ben, much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've done the deed via Paypal and sent you an email with VIN details.

Just fit it in when you can.

Fahrad & Craig,

You guys plates went in the mail Saturday. Sorry, I was a day late but............

Please advise upon receipt.

Thanks,

Ben

Woohoo, plates have arrived. Very much appreciated Ben...look fantastic. They are gift for fellow club member for helping me out with wheel fitments, can't wait to drop them over and see his reaction.

Actually they arrived quite quickly this time...wish my car parts would arrive with that sort of speed.

"Chris from England",

Sorry but that's all I recall from your e-mail of 22 June.

Seems your message was lost along with a mess of spam from my computer but if you're "Chris from England" get back with me and I'll give you a hell-of-a-deal on a set of Plates for your trouble.

Ben

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Ben,
Some time ago I ordered and recd some GT 40 steering wheel boss decals some adhesive backed, some adhesive front. There was no invoice. I have sent a couple of e-mails with no reply, now I understand why. If you let me know how much I will Paypal.
Cheers,
Trevor from Australia.

Back