GT40 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT40 sale
After much deliberation and soul searching I have decided to sell my GT40. The main reason is that I work away from home and only get to be at home for 26 days every other month. When I get home I have so much other work to do on the farm that I find very little time to devote to my lovely creation that took a great deal more than just money to build. Another contributing factor is that I live on a gravel road and have to load the car on to a trailer and push the trailer in reverse, to avoid a kaki paint job, 2.5kms to the main road unload her and do the same when I have finished driving her.
She has not done much mileage mainly shake down runs to sort out the initial teething problems. She handles very well and I was amazed at how fast she can corner on tight bends. She is quick and pulls like a train with a third gear the goes on for ever. I have never had her on a Dyno but the HP should be around the 400 mark according to Edelbrock.
I never intended to make an exact replica and she is not though she is an excellent car that always turns heads and starts conversations like what kind of Ferrari is it?

Specifications

Chassis : By GT40 Developments square tube with fully rose mounted racing suspension clad in brushed stainless steel.
Wheels : Worx split rim with Pirelli P-Zero tyres 17” x 335 rear and 17” x 225 fronts
Brakes : 4 pot callipers vented discs on front and 2 pot callipers on the rear.
Engine : 302 Ford
Heads : Edelbrock rev performer
Cam : Edelbrock rev performer
Rockers : Crane rollers
Pistons : KB high tops
Carb : 650CFM double pumper
Cooling System : Cross flow radiator with Craig Davis electric water pump
Headers : 1 5/8” mild steel ceramic coated inside and out
Clutch : dual plate
Gearbox : Audi with strengthened rear bearing carrier

Body : Tornado body with Gurney Bubble and Gulf Flares with Tornado fittings
Seats : Cobra racing seats cloth covered
Trim : Leather dash and door inserts.
Instrumentation : Smiths classic
Air conditioned

Price $64000,00

Attachments

• MVC-012F.jpg
    MVC-012F.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,984
  • MVC-902F.jpg
    MVC-902F.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,900
  • MVC-903F.jpg
    MVC-903F.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,912
Hi Murry

Yes it is in USD as that is what it has cost me just for parts for the car as I had to import the greater percentage of the car.

Regards

Hi Kevin

Yes she is still for sale. I completed and registered here in 2004 so I don't know the implications as far as the Aus emission laws are comcerned.

Regards

Paul,

Beautiful GT40!

The rearend shot is great, sure looks good with those wide tires.

Can you share with the rest of us the manufacturer of the wheels, and include the size of the wheels & tires?

Good luck selling your car!

Hi Gary/Howard

The wheel and tire specs are in my first mail at the top of this thread.

Howard yes the price is still $64 US dollars.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back