GT40 KVA C Unfinished

Somebody save this car, and put the proper engine in it.:bash: If I lived in England I would do it.

Quite right Simon!

It is the earlier KVA chassis design, same as my car was when I first bought it. That being the case it most probably has the earlier cortina front suspension set up (although can't see it in any of the pictures). Would be a nice project for someone, but a lot of work as I found out during my build!!!

Regards

Simon

The front and rear ends can be cut off and refitted with a more original set up. If you could buy this pre-made ready to weld on it would be quite easy. To work it out from scratch as I did is very time consuming. In reality it is probably better to get a complete new chassis and start again. I wish I had done now!.

Although the Mk 1's and Mk 2's seem to be more popular I quite fancy owning a Mk 3 to compliment my existing car. Problem is after bulding my KVA I don't think I could handle all that work again!

Citroen SM, Lotus Esprit (early), Merak all same family, not sure on parts availability for those these days.

Cheers

Back