56.6 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Al,

trying to stay on topic, that one has a lot of reflections, I agree. It could "work" but if we could get a better starting place we'd be better off don't you think?

I *know* some fellows have Gulf cars on the forum. I wonder if we could get one of them to do a shot for us the way we need?

This one would be about perfect and doesn't seem to have a lot of reflections:

http://galeria.forocoches.com/data/500/8604Ford_GT40_MKI_gulf_1968.jpg

Does anyone know who owns it, the photo that is?

R

Ron, I have some more pics and would be happy to take some of the angle you are looking for.

Best,

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 449

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

I agree, if we can get a full rez, out in the open outdoor shot at an angle close to what we currently have from Simon, that would be great.

Al

Ron, yes I can put the windows in. I will take some more pictures tomorrow of the angle you want and send them your way.

Best,

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 419

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I have a bunch of photos of original GT40s taken at last years Le Mans Classic. If anyone would like copies email me and I will email them out.

Cheers,

Brian.

Ron Earp

Admin
Ron, yes I can put the windows in. I will take some more pictures tomorrow of the angle you want and send them your way.

Best,

Simon

This could work very very well, thanks much!

Al, ideas on angle and lighting? Overcast? I think I'd prefer a lower perspective than what we have on the site right now, maybe sort of like what Simon has there but a little more from the front.

And the rotating picture idea that someone brought up is excellent. We WILL do this, but right now let us get one photo up and in place. I would love to have the logo car cycle through various cars automatically and that isn't that hard to do.

Ron

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

Outdoors, sun to the camera's back, no large objects near by, parked on a neutral colored (concrete) parking lot or street.

Al

Ron, I took this pic this morning--forgot the window.
Let me know if this is what you are looking for. I would be more than happy to take some more.

Best,

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 386

Ron Earp

Admin
We'd love for a manufacturer to submit a Gulf GT40 for the logo. So far not one has, but I would think it'd be worth something to have your car used for the logo. Hint hint - let's see some Gulf GT40s people!

Back