GT40 Mark 1 & Kerala Pickle.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
What we have here is a nearly empty jar of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle. And that should not come as a surprise, since this is some fine hot pickle and goes great on just about anything.

Hang on because it gets better !.
This almost empty jar of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle is the larger displacement 15 oz model. Much more desirable than the smaller and more common 7 oz model. With this jar, you will recieve a greater amount of empty volume than is possible with the 7 oz displacement. So go big with twice the volume !

So what is the GT40 Mark 1 connection i can hear you ask ?
Well, i brought this jar of pickle home from the local asian store in a GT40 Mark 1. And since anything to do with a GT40 Mark 1 turns to gold, i thought i'd cash in as well. Being transported in a genuine GT40 Mark 1 makes this jar of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle extremely rare. Infact there is a good chance this is the only jar of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle in the entire world, to have seen the inside of one of Eric Broadley's greatest creations, the GT40 Mark 1.

A few notes regarding this auction. Since this pickle is so good, i cannot guarantee there will be any remaining in the jar come close of auction.
I will try to engage some willpower and resist the wonders of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle, but please don't count on it.

If you cannot enjoy the rewards of a flavoursome and spicy hot pickle, then you bid at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any consequences as a result of someone getting in over their head.

I have a whole load of GT40 Mark 1 related items, to be sold shortly.
Next on my list is a spare hole for the front grille.

Attachments

• DIGI0294.jpg
    DIGI0294.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 176

Keith

Darn it - that's an inspirational game! Really like the look of that pickle. You'll have Mr Morton hunting you down for that.

Can I play? Don't have a '40 but I hope you don't mind if I publish this,

Brought to me by a Virgin on a Virgin that's pretty rare don't you think? A virgin in Barbados and riding on another Virgin? :)

Any value you think? (Christ, but it's hot.....:bomb:)

DSCF0002.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
How many holes make a whole grille? What shape are these holes around the perimeter of the grill? Are all the holes in contiguity? Is there a decrease in the static pressure across these holes resulting in an increase in the flow velocity? Bernoulli would have had kittens is these holes were available in his day. And to have been in the same county as a GT40 Mk1, I shudder to think what a hole might cost, let alone a whole series of them.
What was really interesting was that Bernoulli ignored the effect of gravity when considering gases.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Keith,

After using your hot sauce, do the gases produce back pressure in the exhaust system ?
Can i assume this results in a throaty roar ?
After looking more closely at your photo, is this is an unmodified original bottle of Bajan pepper Sauce ?. Not one of the repro-bottle's that have become so common these days. If this is a completely authentic bottle of the Bajan Pepper Sauce I should advise you that both the cap and bottle must have been replaced at different times. And since both of these actions were performed independently of each other the integrity and authenticity of the Bajan Pepper Sauce has been maintained. Therefore Keith, you have an original part, congratulations. I would hasten to eBay and list it thus.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
David,
All i know it as follows :

Which front grill hole do you require? I may have an extra since my own GT40 Mark 1 does not use the grill holes covered by the Ford badge mounted on the grill. A shame really since those grill holes will never see the light of day or help with the air-flow to the engine bay. Please keep in mind my RHD GT40 was built with the later air-flow grill holes. I do not know if my grill holes are compatible with the grille holes of an early car? If you feel one of my un-used grill holes would be of use to you please get back to me and I will see if I can help out. Or you could bid on my nearly empty bottle of Grandma's Ancient Kerala Mango Pickle and I will include one air-flow grill hole for free if you win the auction.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It's done. I've put a bid on the Mango Pickle and a sneaky sniper bid as well. I actually quite like the Prakash soured mango from the Punjab which makes a really refreshing sundowner as well. I don't really have a use for this Kerala one at the moment but if I win it could be quite amazing having been in a real car. My car has lost it's front and rear body work - I don't know where it went though Hughie might have left it somewhere. It's also sitting up on axle stands as some one has had the replacement wheels as well. I must pay a bit more attention to it. It's got it's ZF gearbox at last and the spare zf gearbox is just about ready to go as well.
I look forward to the bid ending next week.
Dave

Charlie Farley

Supporter
David & Keith, Stop Press:

I just recieved this question and answered :

Q: I have been looking for one of these for quite a while. I am going to have to pass though because I really want the version with the gold cap, by Alan Mann. Good luck.

A: That guy Alan Mann is really hoarding the gold tops isn't he. Almost like it's his trademark or something? I will make a special offer for you (a very special offer since this is only for you), if you place the winning bid on the Mango Pickle. I will personally open and consume a bottle of Modelo Especial Cerveza and save the gold foil wrapping from the bottle neck. I will then apply the Modelo gold foil to the top of the nearly empty Mango Pickle Jar giving the desired red and gold combination. How can you say no to an offer like that? No need to hold off on bidding any longer now.

Andy.. I've spoken to the bard.. Ronnie Singh, and he's not convinced the wording spacing on that pickle jar your selling is authentic. He said to look on the bottome and see if the "best before" date is 1966????.. Andrew

Andy,

Whilst I would be happy to bid on your Gt40 related item, I feel I need to hijack the thread for my own ends.

Gentlemen, what we have here is an ORIGINAL Bucket of Sudsy Water used to wash an original MK III GT40. The discerning amongst you will note that the bucket is plastic, and as such could not have washed a Le Mans winning MK I in its pomp, and the price is reflected thus.

However, this Bucket of Sudsy Water HAS sensually wrapped itsef around the curves of a '40, which makes it valuable indeed. Imaging the erotic feeling of dipping your hand into SOMETHING THAT HAS GRACED THE LINES OF A GT40...

Andy, I would posit that my Bucket of Sudsy Water has a much higher inherent value than your Air. Mine you can touch, feeling it's svelt "wetness". Yours you cannot....

Please bid as soon as possible,as evaporation is an inherent danger with articles such as these.

Thank You,

Graham.

P.S If there are no takers, then I will be forced to sell my Original Shakespeare Skull. Each buyer will receive Shakespeare's Skull as a boy Free Of Charge with each purchase :)

Attachments

• bucket-of-suds[1].jpg
    bucket-of-suds[1].jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 135

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Wait a minute, Andy, I thought I had dibs on the pickle jar...didn't we have a deal? I had offered to swap you for my grandfather's original toolkit hammer from the old country; we'd only replaced the handle twice and the head once, and other than that it was the same hammer he'd brought over from Poland. I'm a bit chuffed, to say the least. A bargain is a bargain, dammit.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I'm a bit chuffed, to say the least. A bargain is a bargain, dammit.

Jim -- if it would help you feel any better, I can supply you with a genuine Superformance GT40 Mk II rivnut, used only once. I have dozens of them; I just have to grab any screw on the car, shake it a little, and out comes another nearly new rivnut. Really, your welcome to them. Keep in mind these are genuine, Safir authorized, continuation rivnuts.

Guy's, I have it on good authority that several containers of GENUINE, ORIGINAL GT40 exhaust fumes will be collected at the Goodwood Revival meeting this weekend to go to the highest bidder.

Back