GT40 number plate for sale...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Re: GT40 number plate for sale...ha ha ha ha ha ha

hi all, i,ve just allocated to my ford fiesta (no 40 at present) K 4T GT . £250 from the DVLA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi all

After getting my car SVA'd, it was issued with a Q plate. I complained to the licencing office (as I had all the necessary documents) and they changed it to an age related plate.
The thing is, on the log book, the licence number is described as non transferable, so it couldn't be changed for one of these fancy numbers even if I wanted to.
I suspect many cars are registered in a similar way.

Dave Tickle

Gee guys, I just paid $25 US for my new plate " GTFORTY ". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DaveTick

You say your age related number is described as 'non tranferable' on your log book.
It may be that this number can't be transferred to another car, but my understanding is that you CAN put a cover plate on a car with and age related plate.

Chris

I'm working abroad at the moment, so I can't check my log book, but I'm sure there is some wording to the effect that the registration number can't be changed.
What I do remember is the trouble I had convincing the licencing office to give me an age related plate at all!!

Dave Tickle

Dave, post a bigger picture of your car, the color looks great!

I've got

G40 BAD available

Offers please

Pat

Here is the picture. It was scanned off a print, so not as good quality as digital. The colour is British Racing Green (or one version of it!!)

Dave Tickle

Attachments

• 31474-2.jpg
    31474-2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 293

This guy's not giving up. After two strikes with reserves of £6k and £5k, he's trying again. And all because he can't wait for a new Ford GT. Yeah right. Any bets on the reserve this time around?

G14 OTY reg number on ebay

PS: There's a nice shot of the rear of the car it used to be on - without the number plate... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

d4_1.JPG

Rob

Rob,
The photo on eBay looks doctored tome anyway... there's a little too much white in the middle etc etc

Brett

Actually, if you read his story, the real number G1 40TY. He goes on to say that with good screw and hole placement you can make it LOOK like GT40TY.

A little slight of hand there.

Hi Brett

You may well be right about the photoshop'd license plate G14 OTY . Does anyone recognise this car? It's currently for sale/sold in Spain. IMHO it's both a cr*p plate and a cr*p story.

Spanish GT40 ad.

cs283.jpg

Ebay pic:
d7_1.JPG

Rob

This is perhaps more of a giveaway...

auto1.jpg

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Here is the plate I picked up. Now all I have to do is finish the build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 32747-RIMG0001.JPG
    32747-RIMG0001.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 332

You Guys able to get this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 33050-img005.jpg
    33050-img005.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 285
About 10 years ago a friend of mine owned the registration plate GT 40 and he sold it back then for £35000 !!
Don't know what profit he made on it but there are some crazy people in this world.

Back