GT40 Replica

Hi Guys,

My name is Ryan and i am new to all this so excuse me if i sound a little out of it.

I have noticed a GT40 replica for sale on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300202857049

Firstly Venom Motorsports is a company in VIC. They are a small team of proffesionals who build "dream cars". I have never heard of these guys has anyone else? I also noticed that they have a hotmail account, mobile number as a contact and a PO Box as an address.

I have been give a rough costing of AU 38k to 58k to complete depending on engine, box, rims, paint and interior and will be resgistered in NSW. I am sceptical as it sounds too good to be true.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

I noticed that someone linked this kit in the Ebay section, I had hoped it would not make it here. Put simply don't touch this item. That's the advice I got from people who know this Guy.

The owner is also a member of GT40s.com.

Hi Guys,

Thankyou for your response, appreciate your effort.

Looks like it is back to the drawing board, i suppose i just have to face the fact of saving for a few more years.

Ryan

Ryan
IMHO Stick to the two local GT40 builders DRB and RF, they are well sorted and heavily backed by heaps of great Guys. They have no problems with rego and Engineering.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ryan
IMHO Stick to the two local GT40 builders DRB and RF, they are well sorted and heavily backed by heaps of great Guys. They have no problems with rego and Engineering.

Don't forget that RCR now has a distributor down under...

Sorry I don't feel it's appropriate for me to comment on the ebay seller(Dave Tucker).

Yes, RCR are making a big push into Australia.

We will have the first RCR-40 in Australia in a few weeks. It is being Air Freighted in.

There is also another RCR-40 that is ready to ship and another 3 x RCR-40 & 2 x SL-C currently in manufacture.

Next month we will also have the first RCR Superlite Roadster(SL-R) arriving. The SL-R is also popular, we already have multiple orders for it.

Exciting times. :)

Back