GT40 Spyder related ?

Someone on one of my modeling boards brought this to my attention when they asked "should the vents in the front boot be split or should it be one opening." Chassis #111 being produced in 1965 makes me wonder as well. Being a stickler for accuracy, if not in spelling, at least my models; I was hoping for some input on this question. If I could ever find the Road & Track that had this car on the front cover it wouldn't be an issue. But the "Blue People" (see the "New Twilight Zone") have got this issue and according to "Murphy's Law" I will not find it again until it is no longer needed.

#111 had a pair of triangular vents, which were shorter and closer together than the vents on the later production cars.

There's a picture of #111 in the back of Ronnie Spain's book.

Thanks. Sounds like a book that every GT40 enthusiast needs. I'm going to have to see if I can find one. Hopefully they are still in print.

Coleman...Ronnie Spains book is in reprint.... 2003...Motorbooks Int,Galtier Plaza, 380 Jackson Street,St Paul MN 55101-3885 USA. £17 GBP here.Although originally published in 1986 it is still very relevant. I speak to Ronnie regularly and he is bang up to date on all Chassis numbers and the book will be updated........

[ QUOTE ]
You are in luck - it is on sale at www.motorbooks.com for 22.45!

[/ QUOTE ]
In general, when searching for a new book, http://www.dealtime.com/ is a good search engine for book prices (a couple of places are selling the book for a bit less), but since this is an automotive book, I'd suggest supporting Motorbooks.

The hardcover edition of the book is about $10 more.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be getting mine ordered tomorrow. Don't let that stop anyone from posting info. It'll take a week or two to get it.

Back