GT40 to be honoured at 2013 Amelia Island Concours

I will be down on Thursday thru Saturday. I have tickets for the seminar but have to leave right after. Will the cars be on display Friday and Saturday? Or is only during the concours on Sunday that the GT40's can be viewed? I was hoping to get some pictures. Thanks.

When they had the Great Endurance Drivers seminar last year they had cars on display. I believe (fingers crossed) they will do the same this year. You should be ok with getting photos.

Mike, they usually do have the honored cars on display. (They did last year at one of the seminars I attended) I think you'll be ok getting photos. If you care to meet some of us prior we'll be out front of the main entrance 1/2 before the event. Look forward to meeting you. In addition if you want a few autographs bring your Sharpie!

Thank you for the information. I will plan to get there early so I have a chance to meet all of those attending. I can't wait.

I am a filmmaker attending the Amelia Island Concours and producing a film on behalf of Bill Warner and the folks who run the Amelia. I am looking for owners who may be willing to share their car(s) with either a ride, walk around or interview. I made this little piece last year https://vimeo.com/39417189 and look to follow it up this year with a better, more polished and louder film. Let me know if you have any interest. Thank you

Justin
Justin, Im now driving the Aston as there is a saturday show next store for charity and Im doing another book signing for the event.
Cant miss GTJOEY, Im in the hugo boss suit. Trying to keep up the look...
Pm your cell, will hook up. P.S. IM the guy with a piece of GT frame in my hand getting it signed for the around the world car.....gtjoey1314

Joey,
I'm going to be driving my Cooper S. I am combining the trip with a stop at my brothers place in Charleston and a friend who lives in Hobe Sound! Need a little storage at least ! Looking forward to seeing you there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 215
Eric, Im leaving after morning rush hour on thrsday marning, will stop at georgia or so.......If you see a BLACK VANQUISH , its me.........

For those that have attended in the past, any hints on good places to park for the Sunday Concours? Also, I assume you can park at the hotel (Ritz) for the Saturday GT40 forum / panel? Thanks for any advice, Bill

Bill, if your not staying at the ritz, when you approach there will be a parking area to the right of the hotel. Once you settle in they have golf cart and buses running back and forth.....
See you there.....

Bill, Saturday you can park along the road (Sunday too I believe) for free. I've done it most years and its pretty safe but on Sunday I park at the local airport and catch the bus in.

So, how many GT 40's Forum members will be in attendance Saturday? As others have said it would be great to meet as many members as possible. I know Pat (VeeK) and I have agreed to meet outside the front entrance to the Ritz 1/2 hour before the seminar. All are welcome of course and I, for one, am looking forward to this event and meeting other members. I'm hearing the weather is warming so, fingers crossed it will be a spectacular weekend.

I'll be there on Saturday and can meet at the Ritz. Question, are you guys bringing some stuff to sign? I would love to get Dan Gurneys autograph but don't want to impose. Is there normally a signing at one of these events?

Jimmy,
I will be there Saturday and will be out side 1/2 hr prior. I will have one of those Blue Cobra "bowling" shirts on. Will look for you.
Mike,
Dan never has a problem signing autographs. Just bring a sharpie you should be able to get one no problem. I'm going to bring my copy of "Time and Two Seats" for Dan and Alan Grant to sign. Weather looks good!

Back