GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug,

take a deep breath.... Relax..... And go for a nice long ride in your gt40

See, that's what I mean, based on what? 3 months? Did you feel that way when Obama was traveling around the world is his first few months, apologizing for what barbarians we are and bowing and groveling to the King of Saudi Arabia and the Emperor of Japan. I was embarrassed, for him and this country

Al, Benghazi is history, as is B.O., and no amount of angst over what did happen and what didn't happen is going to help us move forward...I prefer to focus on our nation's future, which as I see it lies in great peril. I've said it many times...I truly want Trump to succeed, because if he succeeds our whole country succeeds. I have posted positive comments about some of his actions...did you not read my complimentary post about how the increase in border guards resulting from Trump's initiative has reduced illegal immigration?

Sure, I certainly do have strong reservations about many of Trump's other actions, but who among us (well, other than Larry in his blinded fury about liberals in general) hasn't recognized both good and not-so-good in all of our Presidents? It is just human nature...none of us are perfect, but we all have some good in us.

So...my serious concerns remain about his nepotism (which has been taboo since the days of JFK and RFK...yes, it was wrong even when the POTUS was a liberal!!!), his lack of honesty/ethics/transparency, his refusal to follow what might be considered "tradition" regarding releasing his tax returns while at the same time refusing to follow tradition and divest himself of his private enterprises (yeah, they are in a trust...but the only beneficiary of the trust is...wait for it...it's coming...Donald Trump :eek:), believing it is OK to delay the confirmation PROCESS involving a nominee for SCOTUS and invoking "tradition" when challenged, his very distasteful nature of egocentricity...but those issues ARE real and they are the consequences of Trump's own choices....and he CAN make other choices in these and many other areas, and needs to (IMHO) if he is going to gain the trust of the MAJORITY of the American population.

I do remain hopeful, Al...it is just my human nature...but I am not blinded like some on the "Radical Right".

We have him for 4 years, I think...unless the public grows tired of him and the Repubs suffer significant losses in mid-term elections. I do not think impeachment will be successful before then, but if the current trends I see on the shows with the political "talking heads" continue Trump could be in a very precarious situation if the public "pendulum" swings left...a distinct possibility!

Oh...and about those "good things" Larry posted...I'm not convinced that the majority of us American citizens believe they are all "good"...but I concede that Larry does!

In the meantime I shall continue to support him when he does right (border guards) and criticize him when he does wrong (nepotism, etc). We all knew this was going to be a bumpy ride when the election results were such a surprise...hang on, Al !!!

Cheers!

Doug[/QUOTE

History? Did you see the movie about Benghazi? We left our people hanging out in the wind. It was cowardly and shameful what we did to American citizens. I am so happy that nasty bitch didn't get elected. We had ample time to rescue them, the rescuers were told to "stand down" We didn't even send plane to pick them up afterward. The administration made up lies, a film was to blame. Watch the movie, it will enlighten you.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
History? Did you see the movie about Benghazi? We left our people hanging out in the wind. It was cowardly and shameful what we did to American citizens. I am so happy that nasty bitch didn't get elected. We had ample time to rescue them, the rescuers were told to "stand down" We didn't even send plane to pick them up afterward. The administration made up lies, a film was to blame. Watch the movie, it will enlighten you.

Yeah, Al, I saw it.

My dad was a military lifer...4 years in the Navy and 28 in the Air Force. I remember well the tearful goodbyes whenever he was sent into dangerous areas...as well as his warnings that he may not return. Everyone in what is our now ALL-VOLUNTEER military realizes their lives are in peril, particularly in dangerous assignments, and accepts the same possibility about which my dad warned our family.

I agree about Clinton's despicable nature and that her actions were less than desirable...but despite your protestations to the contrary Benghazi REALLY IS history, whether you accept it as such or not, my friend.

We Americans are in greater peril now, with our current leadership, than at any time I can recall. President Trump's recklessness is SO MUCH more dangerous than Gee-DUB's incompetence! Trump is an egocentric bully, that much is plainly evident, and regardless of all the good things he may have done and may do in the future, if he bullies us into a nuclear conflict with North Korea those things will pale in comparison to the consequences of a nuclear pissing match. Never mind the immediate carnage...the long term nuclear pollution may well become an ELE. Benghazi will seem like pissing on the sidewalk in comparison, Chernobyl will seem like a spring stroll through Central Park.

He is dangerous...his egocentric belief that he is the smartest person in any room will lead him to disregard the advice of his military leadership if they recommend caution. Trump will do anything that he believes (rightly or wrongly) will embellish his standing with the American public.

That is my opinion (YOMV)...but if you watch the Sunday morning political talk shows you probably realize his approval ratings are the lowest of any newly elected POTUS in recent memory. He will do ANYTHING to reverse that situation...it's what egomaniacs do, Al.

So..HELL YES I hope Trump is successful...I think that perhaps the future of our human race is in peril if he is NOT! That will pale in comparison to what happened in Benghazi, or Pearl Harbor, or Viet Nam, or...well, I know you get the idea.

It only takes one "Oh, SHIT" to wipe out a whole bunch of "Atta-boys"...and our renegade POTUS could well commit the ultimate "OH, SHIT"...yeah, Al, I'm worried he will make history, but not in a good way, and I get more and more worried every day.

Cheers? Certainly not today!

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"He is dangerous...his egocentric belief that he is the smartest person in any room will lead him to disregard the advice of his military leadership (he hasn't so far...unlike Obama) if they recommend caution...if you watch the Sunday morning political talk shows (lol! You mean the lefty-run talk shows)...We Americans are in greater peril now, with our current leadership, than at any time I can recall (evidently you're too young to remember the Cuban missile crisis?)...President Trump's recklessness is SO MUCH more dangerous than Gee-DUB's incompetence (or Obama's proven incompetence as well I'd assume?)! ...Trump is an egocentric bully...(etc., etc., etc.)"

You are parroting darned near every 'Alinsky rules-inspired' talking point and 'group think' regarding Trump that the DNC and the lib talking heads in general have come up with since he 1st announced he was running for POTUS. They didn't prove too effective last November, did they.

You and your ilk quake in fear of, and rail against what TRUMP might do in the face of ever increasing threats from Kim Jung LOON...while at the same time evidently choosing to ignore the threats of the TRULY unstable, delusional, unhinged madman who's running N.K. Your angst would be better served by sweating what N.K.'s Fat Boy might do...because that's what everything hinges on currently.

Kim has become ever increasingly belligerent precisely because the world hasn't stood up to him- or China either regarding the 'Peninsula since the early '50s. The rule of the day ever since has been appease, appease, appease...sanction, sanction, sanction...talk, talk, talk...diplomacy, diplomacy, deplomacy. Well, how'd all that work out with Adolf...or Saddam...or...? For that matter, how's any of that been working out with Lil' Kim?

We may now have arrived at the point where we either 'put-up-or-shut-up' regarding N.K. God knows that point WILL come some day. It's inevitable.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You are parroting darned near every 'Alinsky rules-inspired' talking point and 'group think' the DNC and the lib talking heads in general have come up with since trump 1st announced he was running for POTUS. They didn't prove too effective last November, did they.

Kim has become ever increasingly belligerent

We may now have arrived at the point where we either 'put-up-or-shut-up' regarding N.K. God knows that point WILL come some day. It's inevitable.

I keep hearing about this Saul Alinsky, Larry...but I have never read his writings. I prefer to do my thinking for myself, thank you. From what I hear, I would not like his philosophy, anyway.

As for last November, sure, I am willing to admit we made a mistake, and apparently 60% of the population is, too. We don't get a "do-over"...but if Trump continues with his current practices I think the future holds a few surprises for him. Hell, he hasn't been able (or is it he is just unwilling?) to carry through on a lot of his campaign promises even with a Republican controlled congress and if the polls are correct (and we all know that they CAN be terribly wrong...look at who the polls predicted would prevail last November :eek: ) Trump is in for more opposition than he currently faces. We shall see at the mid-term elections.

As for that phat phuk in North Korea, he is even more delusional than Trump, but I do agree he is spoiling for a fight of some type...but NOBODY will win a nuclear war...are you ready to have your family wiped out by radiation and atmospheric poisoning? Even if Trump "wins" in the short term, the human race loses in the long term. There is scant satisfaction in that.

The only difference between treason and reason is one letter, and that is the first letter in the last name of our current POTUS. Let's hope he acts in a reasonable manner, rather than a treasonous one.

Doug

The rule of the day ever since has been appease, appease, appease...sanction, sanction, sanction...talk, talk, talk...diplomacy, diplomacy, diplomacy. Well, how'd all that work out with Adolf...or Saddam...or...? For that matter, how's any of that been working out with Lil' Kim?

"There are no military solutions - dialogue and diplomacy are the only guarantee of lasting peace."

Martin McGuinness

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...but I do agree he is spoiling for a fight of some type...but NOBODY will win a nuclear war...

...which is all the more reason to slap the clown down NOW...before he's fully able to launch one...and he's just nuts enough to DO that.

N.K. has been allowed to get away with far too much for far too long. That's why we're facing the current situation.

'Great in theory. 'Found 'lacking' in actual practice. History has proven nothing guarantees "lasting peace". It's a pipe dream.

Whereas your theory worked in Vietnam and Korea to name but a few.

The main problem in my opinion being as history has shown, the USA has a tendency to fight proxy wars.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The main problem in my opinion being as history has shown, the USA has a tendency to fight proxy wars.

Right, Nick! We are going to kick Sadaam Hussein's ass...no, let's kick some ass in Panama...but wait, there is ass to kick in Afghanistan, too...yeah, we sure do like to stick our noses where we are not welcome, don't we?

IMHO we would be a lot better off if we would use our military just to protect our country. Most of the spats for which we appoint ourselves as their saviors and protectors are civil wars...like what is going on in Syria. That is an internal issue, IMHO, and they have every right to be pissed off at us for interfering. If that sort of thing were to happen here in the U.S. (and don't think it can't or won't...I have been predicting class warfare ever since the Repubs took over our government and seem to be interested only in making the already wealthy even more wealthy, while doing very little for the middle class or poor) we would invite the invading country very emphatically to mind their own forking business, yet we think it's our responsibility to get involved in everyone else's.

We just can't learn our lessons...and VietNam is a splendid example.

You pegged it right on the nose!

I suppose I could be suggesting we adopt an isolationist policy...but we've gotten ourselves so far up everyone else's butts that we can't find our way out.

"It's a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into!" (Paraphrased from Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, slapstick comedians from our early days of film).

Cheers, Nick...and congrats for understanding the brunt of the issue!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...yeah, we sure do like to stick our noses where we are not welcome, don't we?

...and, of course, there's no good reason to think we may have to kick Chubby's butt, is there. I mean, he's never threatened a soul - let alone threatened the U.S. He's pushing ahead with his nuke weapons program in violation of every agreement N.K. has ever signed regarding same just for laughs and giggles...'just for something to do...right?

Right...

The POINT is there are consequences no matter WHAT action one may take. There are ALSO consequences for doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g...as the N.K. situation has clearly demonstrated.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Some good points being made here.
I'm not a fan of butting our noses into the business of another country's civil war as no one butted their noses into ours. However - when you have other super power countries such as Russia and China chosing sides and bringing in the big-guns - what should the world do?
It seems to me that the UN should be taking hold of the situations - but they seem to be hamstrung and ineffective...
I really feel badly for the children that are caught up in all this..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Whereas your theory worked in Vietnam and Korea to name but a few.

It's not "my theory". It's fact. There is nothing that guarantees "lasting peace"...on Earth, anyway...LEAST of all talk, talk, talk, sanctions, appeasement, diplomacy and agreements/treaties between 2 or more countries that are not worth the paper on which they're printed. History has proven that repeatedly.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The POINT is there are consequences no matter WHAT action one may take. There are ALSO consequences for doing n-o-t-h-i-n-g...as the N.K. situation has clearly demonstrated.

Right, Larry...what I have a problem with is appointing ourselves the protector of the universe. Phat Phuk NEEDS an ass-kicking in the worst way, but IMHO that lesson in life needs to come from the whole world...or, at least, a coalition of those countries that are at risk given his strike zone.

We don't need to do it all by ourselves, IMHO...NOT without a formal declaration of war. Isn't that the process created by those very founding fathers of whom you are so fond (yeah...I actually don't know if the FF's did that, but somewhere along the line someone did and we should NOT attack without a formal declaration of war, that way the attack cannot be a unilateral action of a renegade POTUS with the nuclear code who could get us into a nuclear war just because he's an egomaniacal bully!!!)? Of course, IF we are attacked first, then we declare and wage war...but in the meantime that phat phuk is just a grain of sand in our national shoe...irritating, but not worth provoking into a nuclear hollocaust. No sense cutting off the foot just to get rid of the irritating grain of sand :thumbsdown: !

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
It seems to me that the UN should be taking hold of the situations - but they seem to be hamstrung and ineffective...

...as usual.

The U.N. has repeatedly proven itself to be a completely ineffectual joke in any 'conflict' situation...and not appreciably better in 99% of all others as well.

I really feel badly for the children that are caught up in all this...

Amen to that. :disappointed:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Right, Larry...what I have a problem with is appointing ourselves the protector of the universe.

I feel exactly the same way, but, do you see anyone ELSE who's willing to step up...and/or has the ability?

Phat Phuk NEEDS an ass-kicking in the worst way, but IMHO that lesson in life needs to come from the whole world...or, at least, a coalition of those countries that are at risk given his strike zone.

I'm dead serious when I say this: If we wait for "the whole world" - or even a "coalition of all the countries that are at risk" to wise up and STEP UP...it's likely Kim Jung Unhinged will actually have beaucoup functional nuke-equipped ICBMs and be itching to 'push the button' just to show how 'tuff' he is.

If China doesn't get off its butt wiki-wiki and clamp down on that clown, there may be no option other than hitting the fool before he has that capability.

Reality is a b----.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I feel exactly the same way, but, do you see anyone ELSE who's willing to step up...or has the ability?

Both Russia and China...they need to step up, too...they are both within his strike zone, too. They just need to recognize the peril, and as long as Phat Phuk is being jabbed in the eye by our national bully, they have no reason to be worried, Larry. Between the 3 of "us" there would be no way for N.K. to believe that they can attack with impunity.

The U.N. should start to put the pressure on them...and the U.S. should, too.

...IMHO, of course.

Cheers!

Doug

If China doesn't get off its butt wiki-wiki and clamp down on that clown, there may be no option other than hitting the fool before he has that capability.

Reality is a b----.

Which clown are you talking about ;)

"There are no military solutions - dialogue and diplomacy are the only guarantee of lasting peace."

Martin McGuinness

'Great in theory. 'Found 'lacking' in actual practice. History has proven nothing guarantees "lasting peace". It's a pipe dream.

The Guardian 23/4/2017

“We truly believe that, as our allies in the region and China bring pressure to bear, there is a chance we can achieve a historic objective of a nuclear-free Korea peninsula by peaceful means,” Pence said.

"Mind games aside, it is clear now that Trump is relying almost entirely on China to avoid having his bluff called. He said last week he was confident that Xi Jinping, China’s president, would “try very hard” to curb North Korean nuclear and missile development."

To me the irony of all this is that if the US and Russia had "stayed ON their butts" in the first place, Korea would never have been divided, and North Korea never created.

We reap what we sow

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Why is it that you are so spoiling for a fight, given the dire consequences, Larry?

We all think Phat Phuk needs a lesson, but at the risk of an ELE?

Methinks not... :thumbsdown:

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back