GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All really good points.
There are many examples of the past that haunt not only us, but other countries around the world.
The Holocost, for instance... Should the remains of the concentration camps be bulldozed out of existence and all records be expunged?
We are products of our history and we should be learning from that history so we can improve the future..

Wow, I don't even know where to start with your post.

The remains of the concentration camps are now museums, memorials to the 6,000,000 Jews as well as others who died in the Holocaust. Very much like the 911 Memorial in NYC remembers the 3,000 innocent victims who died on 9/11.

Have you been to Auschwitz and toured the memorial? It's an extremely somber experience that you cannot even compare to a statue of Robert E. Lee, which says nothing about the fact that Lee battled his own country and killed hundreds of thousands of Union soldiers. And was indicted for treason.

Sure, ya, there's a comparison to be made there. :shocked::bash::yuck:

Now back to your regularly scheduled bitchfest that you all do while contributing no actual value to the GT40 community.

What are you contributing Mike? Did you vere get your repainted GT40 running? Does the white show much dirt, when it sits in the garage 24/7/365 Still having problems getting a set of headers? How's that $30,000 302 running? :rolleyes2:

Stick to the old racing photo section or maybe spend more time in the mountain or road bicycle forums. :D

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
And even if Trump were to make it to the next Presidential election in 2020, he's going to get "primary'ed" by someone like Kasich, Sasse, etc., a sane normal Republican.

I'm skeptical about that. This election defied common sense, and your prediction is based on common sense. Beliefs trump (not Trump) facts and observations, so those that "believe" in Trump, will probably continue to do so even in the stark light of who he is...period.

A set of traits I use to judge character is: Would I want this person to work for me? Would this person be a good example to my children? Would I be embarrassed in front of reasonable people if this person's name was linked to me? I find it disturbing that people can rationalize these traits away only out of belief or loyalty for that man.

A person that consistently demonstrates a lack of conscience, ethics, empathy, truthfulness, humility, critical thinking, forethought, respect of others, and kindness would by reasonable standards not have a snowballs chance in hell of being elected president, yet half the folks in this country created this situation. This does not make America great again. It may make some very short-sighted individuals "feel" good that they got something off their chest, but it did not, and will not make America great again.

I hope this post is brought back to me in 3 years to show I was wrong.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I have a GT40. If you actually viewed the technical forums and did not exclusively exist here to piss and moan about loser politics in this one and only thread, you'd have known my beautiful SPF is complete and will be taken on its maiden voyage this weekend. Sorry bout your luck you crotchety old fart. Make America great again! You can GTFO

What are you contributing Mike? Did you vere get your repainted GT40 running? Does the white show much dirt, when it sits in the garage 24/7/365 Still having problems getting a set of headers? How's that $30,000 302 running? :rolleyes2:

Stick to the old racing photo section or maybe spend more time in the mountain or road bicycle forums. :D

I'm skeptical about that. This election defied common sense, and your prediction is based on common sense. Beliefs trump (not Trump) facts and observations, so those that "believe" in Trump, will probably continue to do so even in the stark light of who he is...period.

A set of traits I use to judge character is: Would I want this person to work for me? Would this person be a good example to my children? Would I be embarrassed in front of reasonable people if this person's name was linked to me? I find it disturbing that people can rationalize these traits away only out of belief or loyalty for that man.

A person that consistently demonstrates a lack of conscience, ethics, empathy, truthfulness, humility, critical thinking, forethought, respect of others, and kindness would by reasonable standards not have a snowballs chance in hell of being elected president, yet half the folks in this country created this situation. This does not make America great again. It may make some very short-sighted individuals "feel" good that they got something off their chest, but it did not, and will not make America great again.

I hope this post is brought back to me in 3 years to show I was wrong.

You're absolutely right Terry. The US has been tossed upside down and the rest of the world is laughing at us. Sad!

I can only hope that someone like Sasse, Flake, Kasich, even Pence, someone who's rational, moral, ethical and everything else you said, will run against him in the Republican primary. 45 threatens every other Republican with a primary, I can only hope Karma catches up with him. Assuming he isn't impeached first.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC and other networks could not get even one, ONE, Republican to appear on TV yesterday after that press conference meltdown. Fox said they called all 52 Republican senators and 10 or 20 Representatives. None would appear. What does that tell you? Republican support is dwindling quickly, especially when you've insulted most of Congress.

I have a GT40. If you actually viewed the technical forums and did not exclusively exist here to piss and moan about loser politics in this one and only thread, you'd have known my beautiful SPF is complete and will be taken on its maiden voyage this weekend. Sorry bout your luck you crotchety old fart. Make America great again! You can GTFO

I thought name calling violates ToS? Hmmm.

As for old fart?

A. I'm not as old as you think, and

B. I'm willing to bet I can out-run, out-swim, out-bike and out-lift YOU any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Alternatively, we can see who can deadlift, snatch and/or clean & jerk more weight. And we can have a little Olympics competition, including gymnastics. Or how about Tough Mudder or Spartan Race?

Take a vacation in Sonoma/Napa October 14-15, the weekend of Tough Mudder. I'll be there!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Don't expect Mike, Rod...he's all talk and no action. (well, little action...glad to see he'll be driving his 40 again!).

He's a great contributor to this part of the forum, though...gives us a whole lot of reasons to raise H-E-double L with the conservatives. I'd suspect they are growing tired of him, too...he's like that little kid who screams "SNAKE" on the playground just to see the other kids scatter!

I gotta admit, I like him a lot! I like him in the same manner that my mom liked "men" in general when she said "No man is totally worthless, they can always serve as a bad example." He makes us more reasonable Americans look good when he posts that paranoid stuff about everyone who isn't a registered Nazi.

I hope he continues...life in the Paddock would not be nearly as humorous without him!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I can only hope that someone like Sasse, Flake, Kasich, even Pence, someone who's rational, moral, ethical and everything else you said, will run against him in the Republican primary. 45 threatens every other Republican with a primary, I can only hope Karma catches up with him. Assuming he isn't impeached first.

I liked Kasich during the primaries...he seemed like the type who could have worked well with members of the other party. In the end, though, and after having thought about it for a while, I think we Americans got what we deserved in a way. If our senators/representatives are going to be acting like a bunch of children, why can't our Electoral College elect a POTUS who does the same thing?

...oh.....yeah....there is that little thing about the rest of the world laughing at us and our political system, not to mention the incredible screw-up we have as a POTUS.

If Trump wants Putin to take over the world, he just needs to continue with what he's doing. Compared to him, Putin looks reasonable...but only because he can keep his mouth shut, da Trumpatolla just can't.

Doug

I hope he continues...life in the Paddock would not be nearly as humorous without him!!!

Cheers!!

Doug

I wholeheartedly agree. Mike spent $25,000-$30,000 to repaint his red car in white and then another $25,000-$30,000 to build a straight-up 302ci engine for his GT40, when he had a perfectly good stroked Windsor. And then he spent almost 2 years having someone make headers for it. That's some funny stuff right there. Hilarious in my book. Yes, keep him around for a good laugh.

Again, the bottom line in my book is that Mike supports a racist-bigot-misogynist mentally unstable lying Russian-colluding dumb-dumb. If you support THAT, then I certainly know what Mike and Larry and anyone else that supports 45 are all about.

I hope the infamous Russian-hooker "pee-pee" tape is somehow released. That would also be hilarious. :thumbsup:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Enough guys. The "left" has a gold mine here (AKA America's steaming pile) with Trump and his appointees without reverting to personal attacks/remarks about his support. I would like to think they are somewhat embarrassed at feeling they must support what they voted for, but that's perhaps an unrealistic optimism. No need to pile on on top of their disappointment. Accountability in this country goes no further then the tip of our nose anymore. Perhaps the idea that we (America/the World) know we are going down the toilet leaves many of us resorting to looking out for number one, with only a short-term expectation, without any "mature" thought about how our actions now will shape the longer-term future.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Push-ups? My Johnson is 12"... checkmate old man

I thought name calling violates ToS? Hmmm.

As for old fart?

B. I'm willing to bet I can out-run, out-swim, out-bike and out-lift YOU any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Alternatively, we can see who can deadlift, snatch and/or clean & jerk more weight. And we can have a little Olympics competition, including gymnastics. Or how about Tough Mudder or Spartan Race?

Take a vacation in Sonoma/Napa October 14-15, the weekend of Tough Mudder. I'll be there!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hmmmm.....

Attachments

• IMG_7794.JPG
    IMG_7794.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 134

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Wouldn't it be really really nice if that was the only fault this President has demonstrated rather than the serial, non-stop string if oral diarrhea he's exposed this country to. Seriously, I wished it was the worst thing he's done to show a lack of any forethought before he opens his mouth.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
As for old fart?

B. I'm willing to bet I can clean & jerk including gymnastics
Rod, lets be serious for a moment. Forget about all the your mama is fat playground insults. You as a grown ass man are challenging me as another grown ass man to a gymnastics competition? I'm sure Doug and even Jeff Young after reading that out loud to themselves thought... WTH Rod, you're not doing the snowflake movement any favors with that retort! Gymnastics??? Like are you talking the male ribbon dance floor routine?

article-2056583-0EA29D3E00000578-116_634x516.jpg

Mike, you're still trying to distract from the fact that you support a racist-bigot-misogynistic Russian colluding moron. His only remaining supporters are David Duke, White Supremacists and the KKK. What does that tell me about you? :uhoh:

Today, Republican senator Bob Corker, who supported 45, comes out says 45 is incompetent. And of course, Lindsey Graham didn't have anything nice to say about 45 either today. The walls are crumbling around Trump. What are the odds he just quits before everything crumbles around him and he's impeached?

Theres no debate here Randy. It's just a bunch of grumpy old men whining about politics because it's all they have left in their sorry old lives. I just stopped in to remind them...

Mike, I think you're bored. It's time for ANOTHER repaint and engine rebuild for your replica. Unfotunately, all that work and money and it's still a $150,000 replica of a 1960's race car. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back