GTD Drive Shafts – What have I got? - Help!

Can anyone help me to identify what drive shafts I have from these photos, sadly I broke this one last Saturday at Goodwood.

Dimensions are:-

+ Overall length 440mm
+ Outside diameter at splines 27.5mm
The CV joint is retained in position on the splines by two circlips the inner one is approx 36mm from each end of the shaft and the outer is approx 5mm from each end.
+ The CV joints are 100mm diameter

Car is GTD, Fitted with Chevy 350, mated to Porsche G50/50.

Then most important of all where can I get one or am I going to have some made?

JBW

Attachments

• DSCN1973s.jpg
    DSCN1973s.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN1971s.jpg
    DSCN1971s.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 411
  • DSCN1972s.jpg
    DSCN1972s.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCN1975s.jpg
    DSCN1975s.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 415

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
VW Transporter Mk2

It certainly looks really similar in the CV boot withe the metal flange attached

I have the same ones on the DAX and just measures 385mm approx between the inner faces of the CV's- sorry cannot get the full length

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
If memory serves me right the CV looked identical to the Ford Granada unit but the Granada splines have curved edges and the VW one is very square.

Also date range was 1979 to 1990 for the Transporter

Ian

HI Julian -

Look std GTD to me - but I'll measure one I've got knocking about in the workshop tomorrow to confirm. (it has a slight bend in it:eek: ).

ALso - I've purchased CVs and Boots from BOB at Driveshafts UK - on 0800 0191 587 as follows:
Scorpio cv’s - pn# 16.1005k
CV boots are pn# 919 £7 each (£45 for 6 inc p&p)
Should also use heavy duty circlips and spring washer to stop spline float if possible (not always fitted). These are available from Associated Springs UK Ltd - 01386 443366. visit Spring Manufacturer and Design – Assoc Spring UK - If you need some, I've got a bunch in stk as there is a min order from them. They also have the Bellville washers that are within the Quaife ATB Diffs (not that you'll need them)...

Hope this helps.

ps - I've had Boron drive shafts from Mark Sibley of MDA - not sure whether he either still has any - or supplies them but might we worth a call unless someone else cares to speak up...

HI Julian,
Measured the one I've got and length was 440mm with the two retaining circlip grooves at each end approx 30mm apart and about 5-6mm from end of shaft, so the same I would think. - Std GTD.

Have you managed to sort it?

Back