GTD Wiper Arm & Blade

Hi Brian,

I can't help with dimensions, but according to the GT40 SAE Papers, the "wiper arm and blade were modified aircraft components. The main portion of the arm was stainless steel tubing. A spring loaded blade pressure adjustment was incorporated in the section that mounted to the output shaft. The blade was an anti-lift design, and was adjustable in respect to the shaft. Blade pressure was in the order of 30 ounces".

There is a photocopied picture of the assembly on page 176 of the Papers, but my skills don't extend to scanning I'm afraid!!

Hope this helps.

Geoff.

I think the original anti-lift blades were 18 inch Trico Rain Master, wiper arm might be Lucas or also Trico. Call MDA as they have a complete wiper system available and should fit a GTD.

$0.02

Chris

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Brian,

Sorry, I've only just seen your posting so hope this reply is not too late.

The wiper arm on my GTD is approx 340mm from end to spindle centre, the Peugeot (405???) blade is approx 560mm long and came with a 260mm long multi-jet spraybar. The latter is highly recommended. All works well and they were supplied by Frank Catt of Wealden Engineering Development:

Wealden Engineering Development

Regards,

Jim

Back