Happy New Year from Toronto, Canada

Season's Greetings fellow members.

I'm the new kid on the block. Actively seeking a GT40 or Ford GT. Just starting to do my due diligence. Over the holiday's, I started a Matrix of all the manufacturers and assemblers of these vehicles. (I don't want to say kit's).

Currently at the tail-end of swapping a 302 into an MGB-GT, I'm looking more for something turn-key.

Would appreciate the groups feedback on a pre-owned Ford GT (1st choice) vs. a Shelby American CS-GT40 (3rd Choice). Don't really like the Mark II but it carries a CSX Vin#. Current 2nd choice is an RCR Mark 1. Of course all of this could change as I get deeper into it.

And to think, all of this started with that Matchbox Superfast I received as a child.

Thanks for reading my post.
Walt

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Walt,

Welcome, lots of good info here.

Keep in mind that the Ford GT and the GT 40 are very different animals. The GT is much more refined, has a trunk, is much heavier and your wife/girlfriend will like it better.

The GT40 is a race car that can be driven on the street.

Also, I'm fairly sure that the "Shelby" GT40 and the Superformance GT40 are essentially the same, made by the same people, You will pay a large premium $$$$ for that Shelby name.

Back