Happy New Year

Pat

Supporter
As the clock turns we will all be celebrating the coming of a New Year. All the best to each of you and your loved ones for a coming year of happiness, health and fellowship. And of course best wishes for no stripped nuts, blown gaskets or roadside hazards in 2014.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed. We are saving ourselves for the last test.
Will you be going?
Can you imagine the scenes when we retake the ashes ?
It will happen ..........

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
What are these Ashes of contention? David, if you can't get those ashes, let me know. I'll try to come up with some for you. I hate to see a fellow forum member disappointed.

This isn't the same thing as getting one's ashes hauled, is it? I KNOW what that is.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Indeed. We are saving ourselves for the last test.
Will you be going?
Can you imagine the scenes when we retake the ashes ?
It will happen ..........
No I won't be going, as we have already won the Ashes no point.
Well those re- taking scenes can't happen for at least three years, so it is hard to imagine.
Your chaps have saved themselves very well for the last test, certainly your batsmen have not tired themselves out running between wickets, the most exercise they seem to have had was the long walk from the dressing room to the wicket and then very shortly after the long walk back.
Your fielders have also not knocked themselves about taking catches, but do appear to have perfected the fine art of just missing being in the right position to stop a four.
I am a bit concerned about your bowlers though, they have had an inordinate amount of exercise bowling for days in the hot Australian sun, with negligible results, it must be depressing for them maybe you could arrange therapy for the poor chaps?
Happy New Year :thumbsup:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Happy New Year to the best bunch of internet friends there could be!

Best wishes that this year is even better than the last to you all :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Doug

No I won't be going, as we have already won the Ashes no point.
Well those re- taking scenes can't happen for at least three years, so it is hard to imagine.
Your chaps have saved themselves very well for the last test, certainly your batsmen have not tired themselves out running between wickets, the most exercise they seem to have had was the long walk from the dressing room to the wicket and then very shortly after the long walk back.
Your fielders have also not knocked themselves about taking catches, but do appear to have perfected the fine art of just missing being in the right position to stop a four.
I am a bit concerned about your bowlers though, they have had an inordinate amount of exercise bowling for days in the hot Australian sun, with negligible results, it must be depressing for them maybe you could arrange therapy for the poor chaps?
Happy New Year :thumbsup:

Happy new year all, Pete you can keep the trophy now Auz have started selling rip off jobs. Its sort of old hat now anyway ( till next time) :)

Ashes Urn Replica Australia vs England | eBay

Bob

Back